Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

rjsam
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

Puugee

Sold

Price: $330.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Priority USPS

Bought it last month https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1492587/0#14053371

in hopes of replacing my aging XP1. But decided not to. Will come with a thumbs up grip and the usual, box etc. Like the things mentioned in the original FS post, it has a few nicks. Nothing serious. Lost the other 3rd party battery so it'll come with the original battery only. Red soft release will not be included

I'll cover the shipping. 330 + 3% = $340

Jul 08, 2017 at 05:13 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

Looking for feedback on AF speed and accuracy (particularly wide open) from those who have shot with one or more of these three lenses.

All three seem to have solid performance in terms of IQ, sharpness, bokeh, etc. They are also shockingly similar in size and weight (relatively). I'm planning to shoot primarily on my D500, as a kind of 35-ish mm semi-wide prime (see https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1525750/0?keyword=d500#14318495), but will be used on FX bodies some as well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
     Puugee

Sold

Price: $330.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Priority USPS

Bought it last month https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1492587/0#14053371

in hopes of replacing my aging XP1. But decided not to. Will come with a thumbs up grip and the usual, box etc. Like the things mentioned in the original FS post, it has a few nicks. Nothing serious. Lost the other 3rd party battery so it'll come with the original battery only. Red soft release will not be included

I'll cover the shipping. 330 + 3% = $340

Jan 21, 2018 at 07:50 PM
Lexintonian

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

Pm sent

Jul 09, 2017 at 12:40 PM
macpro88
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

I have the Nikon 24mm f/1.4 G and it's not super fast, but it's not slow. Great for portraits and fast enough for wedding work.

Jan 21, 2018 at 07:58 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

I have had the 24/1.8G and my copy was not sharp. It is meant to be an excellent lens. I returned the 24/1.8G next day but I still have love the 20/1.8G. I have opted for the 24 Art particularly on the D850. The lens is sharp, fast dynamic AF and great price.

Jan 21, 2018 at 08:17 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

Any AF issues with the outer points wide open ?

charles.K wrote:
I have had the 24/1.8G and my copy was not sharp. It is meant to be an excellent lens. I returned the 24/1.8G next day but I still have love the 20/1.8G. I have opted for the 24 Art particularly on the D850. The lens is sharp, fast dynamic AF and great price.

Jan 21, 2018 at 08:35 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

BSPhotog wrote:
Any AF issues with the outer points wide open ?

With my copy of the 24 Art I have very little issues. But I would always check your copy. That said the Nikon 24/1.4G would perform better on the outer AF points being a native mount. The difference in the outer AF performance maybe mininal.

Jan 21, 2018 at 08:40 PM
Raticus
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

I use the 24mm 1.8 on a D750 and am very happy with it. Focuses as well as any 1.8G. I do an AF fine tune on all my primes, the 24mm is sharp in my estimation. No complaints. I’ve not used it on DX, but I bet it would be great as 36mm equivalent. Size and weight is a plus. Price too.

Jan 21, 2018 at 08:53 PM
delic66
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

I went through two copies of Nikon 24/1.8 recently. Both were front-focusing by a huge margin on D810. Will soon evaluate a third one.

Jan 21, 2018 at 09:11 PM
Raticus
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

delic66 wrote:
I went through two copies of Nikon 24/1.8 recently. Both were front-focusing by a huge margin on D810. Will soon evaluate a third one.

My 24mm f/1.8G required a +15 adjustment with the AF Fine-tune. I've found all my primes have needed an adjustment to one degree or another, usually they have front-focused. My 58 f/1.4 required a +17 and my 85mm f/1.8G required a +9. Now they all nail focus wide open. I will admit, it is an arduous process to do the AF Fine-tune, and I know some folks prefer to send their camera and lens to Nikon service for the AF Fine-tuning to be done. The newer camera bodies have automated the function, which is a good thing.

Jan 21, 2018 at 11:53 PM
jtra
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

I have 24 art. When I bought it, I had D610. With it the focus was quite unreliable, there was consistent front-focus on outer AF points when central AF point was fine-tuned (which cannot be corrected with Sigma dock). Other lenses did not have this problem on my D610. Also on D610 focus was very dependent on color of light so AF tune values for bluish light were different than for yellowish light. I have changed body to D750 and that improved focus with 24 art significantly. Later, it has got a bit worse when shutter was replaced in D750 (early failure at 12 thousands clicks) and all my lenses changed AF tune values, some out of range. It is still usable, but it was slightly better before it.

Jan 22, 2018 at 01:24 AM
pw-pix
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

Sigma 24/1.4 Art is very good, plenty fast enough focussing on my D800E and pleasing results.

Jan 22, 2018 at 03:43 AM
Bohemien
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

BSPhotog wrote:
Looking for feedback on AF speed and accuracy (particularly wide open) from those who have shot with one or more of these three lenses.

All three seem to have solid performance in terms of IQ, sharpness, bokeh, etc. They are also shockingly similar in size and weight (relatively). I'm planning to shoot primarily on my D500, as a kind of 35-ish mm semi-wide prime (see https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1525750/0?keyword=d500#14318495), but will be used on FX bodies some as well.

I love the 24G, it has an extremely smooth bokeh for a wideangle, is crazy sharp wide open (up close) and I just love the overall rendering. Look at the photos in the 24G thread here, they show what this lens can do. AF speed is ok, but maybe not like a 24-70 for action shots.

I haven't tried the other 24mm options myself, but there was a thread on the DPR Lens Lust forum 1-2yrs ago, where someone had sold the 24/1.4G for the 24/1.8G. She was very unhappy, because the 1.8G showed some pretty harsh bokeh in the wrong conditions.

I'm not a fan of the Art series. I had bought into the hype with the 35/1.4A, but have since swapped it for the Nikkor version. I have tested those side by side and yes, the Art is a bit better corrected (the Nikkor suffering from some serious CA) and really sharp, but somehow I liked the 35G's rendering better, the overall "look" of the photos. AF speed was pretty similar. I guess these findings translate to the 24mm options, at least the (24mm and 35mm) Nikkors are very close in design.

Of course, it's all a matter of taste and personal hallucination. I've seen some really good pictures from the 24 Art here on the forum (e.g. by Corey/Hardcore). Still, for me, the 24G it is.

Markus

Jan 22, 2018 at 07:22 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

Thanks for all of the input so far. It seems you can't really buy a bad 24mm prime out of this field. Remarkably, they are pretty similar in length (see below) and not far apart in price either. There are a lot more of the 1.4G floating around used than either of the other two it seems, after the release of the 28E.

I've had good luck with my existing Sigma Art lenses, but they do seem to have more sample variation than their Nikon counterparts. I've read different accounts of the 1.4G & 1.8G claiming that they are each quicker to focus, which probably means they are about the same. I'd much rather have one of the two 1.4 options, especially when there isn't a significant cost difference on the used market and virtually no size difference (length of course, width and weight not really a concern).

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:32 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

Excellent side by side comparison. I have found that at 50mm, the 50 Art begins to get larger/heavier in comparison and my reason for also keeping the 50/1.8G and 58G.

Also the 24 Art is truly a superb landscape lens. I also had the 20 Art which was amazing but it was a beast of a lens. The 20/1.8G and 14-24/f2.8 fills this gap well.

Jan 22, 2018 at 05:18 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

I owned the Nikon 24mm 1.4G and Sigma 24mm 1.4 Art together for about a month. I found the sharpness to be comparable and the autofocus about the same. If memory serves, the Sigma was a bit faster initially but less sure than the Nikon so at the end of the day it was a wash for me. I sold the Nikon and kept the Sigma ONLY because I wanted to put the extra cash towards another purchase. If they were the same price I'd pick up the Nikon. Hope this helped!

BSPhotog wrote:

Jan 22, 2018 at 06:01 PM
Raticus
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sold: Fuji Xt10 X-T10 Silver

For a walk-around 36mm-e prime on DX....the 24mm f/1.8 hits a nice price/performance/size/weight sweet spot in my opinion. Not sure I'd go for one of the "big boys" for DX....unless...you're going to use the lens also on an FX body, then that is a different thought process. (That said, I'm happy with the 24mm 1.8 on my D750....but I place a value on keeping things light).

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:14 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.