Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design cl...

Dj R
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

this video illustrates how I'm using the money maker
before you watch, know this.
the #1 video shows the big picture, but the method is my original one, and not as clean.
the #2 video shows an improvement
the #3 video is the result, super clean and effective, lightweight method

major update:

final update:

you must watch the final update b/c that is the answer!

Apologies in advance. I'm not a video guy. And I don't have a mic.
Cheers!

dual camera strap:
hold fast
money maker

single camera strap:
slide strap

hand strap:
clutch

mount/attach point on bottom of your camera:
option 1 arca type quick release plate/mount: peak design pro plate or standard plate
pro plate
standard plate
option 2 the peak design anchor mount, the slimmest and lightest I've ever seen!
anchor mount

leash:
PEAK DESIGN EVERYDAY KEY TETHER
I tested this with over 100lbs of books in a backpack. No problem
key tether
you'll want to buy two

connection from MM to camera mount:
anchor link

Edited on Aug 29, 2017 at 12:33 AM · View previous versions

Jul 07, 2017 at 10:08 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

well, that's another way of looking at things.

unfortunately I don't find Peak Designs a good option overall. had the handstrap and their cross shoulder strap.

your video was good, clear and well done for not being a vid person.

I guess if you are "built in" to it you go with it.

i'm as basic as I can be using AS plates.

Edited on Jul 07, 2017 at 10:31 PM · View previous versions

Jul 07, 2017 at 10:24 PM
Dj R
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

sjms wrote:
well, that's another way of looking at things.

unfortunately I don't find Peak Designs a good option overall. had the handstrap and their cross shoulder strap.

your video was good, clear and well done for not being a vid person.

I greatly appreciate your feedback
I don't work for any of these companies. so please be honest.
what didn't you like?

I would NEVER only have their sling strap or their hand strap
but I LOVE using them as options and opposite the MM.
I love that I can quickly get into and out of each one, by using the PD anchor links!

there are probably better versions of the PD hand strap and sling strap. but none that would work in sync with the MM in the way I am, and allow for the smooth transition, or am I wrong?

cheers! and thx again

Jul 07, 2017 at 10:30 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

oh, I never thought that. by "built in" i'm referring to the gear you chose. my hand straps are semi permanent and a pretty much never in the way. the PD strap connectors has a metal back plate which contacts the lower right corner of the 2 bodies I currently use with hand grips. didn't like metal to metal contact option. yes I do own more than one they are by spider. I do use L brackets all the time and actually use them in their various configs. the PD base has no place in my kit to live.

using the plates I do offered me the QD connector that many weapons use these days and the are relatively inexpensive ball pin setups. they don't interfere with the L brackets.

oh, never say never to adaption.

you are on a different path though.

NIKON D500    16.0-80.0 mm f/2.8-4.0 lens    80mm    f/5.6    1/250s    16000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 07, 2017 at 10:44 PM
Dj R
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

BIG update!

Jul 31, 2017 at 05:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Dj R
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

VERY excited to show you the final copy of my weekly update video on my Holdfast Money Maker & Peak Design Integration Project. It's done. I finally took out the hack saw and cut off the Holdfast clips. There is nothing wrong with them or their design. I just prefer to use the Peak Design clips b/c it makes it easier for ME to move around from hand strap to tripod to single strap to dual strap. Love my Money Maker!

There is also a bonus, which is actually first. It includes a quick look at the Peak Design Sling bag and how I can get the Money Maker into this bag, along with two D750 and two pro primes!

https://youtu.be/6dAgKBsC-rw

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:18 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

you are a busy boy "hacking" things together

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:10 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

I give him props for effort.

EBH

Aug 27, 2017 at 08:17 PM
Dj R
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

thx man
really psyched, so in love with the current setup (from post #6 video)
cheers all

Aug 27, 2017 at 11:44 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · MONEY MAKER holdfast strap integrated with Peak Design clutch and sling strap

"used this for the last hour."

Lol

Aug 28, 2017 at 03:11 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password