New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

deckitout
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

I am on my 3rd Nissin i60 in 3 months and my 2nd i40.

I shoot Weddings and do not consider myself a heavy user. The flashes just fail to switch on when I go to use them.

All have been replaced under warranty but I am losing confidence in them

Jul 07, 2017 at 04:08 PM
Elisha82
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

Do you mean wake from standby or actually turn on when mounted?

deckitout wrote:
I am on my 3rd Nissin i60 in 3 months and my 2nd i40.

I shoot Weddings and do not consider myself a heavy user. The flashes just fail to switch on when I go to use them.

All have been replaced under warranty but I am losing confidence in them

Jul 07, 2017 at 05:01 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

I have had 3 Nissin flashes with my A7rII and found the menu and implementation very quirkish. I found sometimes the HSS would work and sometimes not, and found it difficult to often communicate with the setup and would not work. I finally moved to Godox with no issues. the Godox just seem better setup and work with no real issues.

Jul 07, 2017 at 06:27 PM
Elisha82
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

Nissin was always an option when I was on Canon and Nikon and all reports indicated that they were very unreliable and I never looked into them again until Fujifilm.
Seems like that haven't improved much other than the new sexier look!

charles.K wrote:
I have had 3 Nissin flashes with my A7rII and found the menu and implementation very quirkish. I found sometimes the HSS would work and sometimes not, and found it difficult to often communicate with the setup and would not work. I finally moved to Godox with no issues. the Godox just seem better setup and work with no real issues.

Jul 07, 2017 at 06:43 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

I have mentioned in another thread the RoboShoot system. Having the SB 910 and SB 700 it made sense as I did not have to invest in another flash system for now. The RoboShoot works on the X100F with the SB 910 but not the SB 700 reliably. With the XT2 the system is just superb. It is so simple and just works. I really despise flash/strobes systems that I have to continually second guess why it is not working.

I am looking to the Godox system once the transmitters are released

Jul 07, 2017 at 07:01 PM
Elisha82
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

I ordered the TT350F and awaiting delivery.
eBay has combos of the TT350F and X1T-F available now. Most likely pre-order for the transmitters.

charles.K wrote:
I have mentioned in another thread the RoboShoot system. Having the SB 910 and SB 700 it made sense as I did not have to invest in another flash system for now. The RoboShoot works on the X100F with the SB 910 but not the SB 700 reliably. With the XT2 the system is just superb. It is so simple and just works. I really despise flash/strobes systems that I have to continually second guess why it is not working.

I am looking to the Godox system once the transmitters are released

Jul 07, 2017 at 07:04 PM
deckitout
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

They have failed to turn on when mounted

Jul 09, 2017 at 02:17 AM
bbryz30

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

I'm on my 2nd i40 and while they work fine on my Fuji ILC's they are very quirky on my leaf shutter X70, X100S and X100F. At shutter speeds of about 1/800s and above the flash sync is hit and miss - TTL exposures would be inconsistent and after a while you just start getting dark frames (flash fires but resulting image is like without flash) and the only remedy is to turn off/on the camera.

Nissin repair service couldn't figure out what the problem was and just sent me a new one but the problem still exists.

I was very interested in the Air 1 commander/i60a combo but am now hesitant unless I can test one out beforehand.

Jul 09, 2017 at 10:08 AM
StormMarc

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

I am on my second i60a for Sony and it failed again today. Same problem as the first one (it will not turn on). I have barely used this or the first one so this is very disappointing for a $340 unit. I will never buy Nissin products again.

Apr 23, 2018 at 01:31 AM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

Check out Godox closely before moving in that direction. I gave the XProF commander and V860IIF flash a try. Not happy. First the flash needs a firmware upgrade and that can only be done on a PC. I'm a Mac user. My first attempt to use off camera worked. My next try did not work, but I could activate the flash with the XPro test button. Took it out tonight and now there is no communication between flash and commander. I long for my pocket wizards. At least I could shoot in manual mode, which all I have ever used.

OK, now everything is working great. I was able to use HSS. I mistakenly didnot put the flash in slave mode. So, OOPS.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:44 PM
sungphoto
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Anyone having problems with Nissin flashes

My main issue with Nissin flashes have been misfires, and I hated the menu system - when you’re under pressure I much prefer real buttons and stuff. You’re stirring up memories though of how they liked to go to sleep after only a little bit of idle time. I much prefer canon and Godox flashes personally build quality and functionality wise

May 03, 2018 at 09:38 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.