New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Need Website Help!!!

Tom RC
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need Website Help!!!

Am starting to do some real estate photography (was a maternity/newborn/portrait photographer years ago). I am about to set up a website but need some billing / image hosting and downloading help. I DO NOT...repeat DO NOT want to spend my time chasing down payment from real estate agents. What Id like to be able to do is build a website where I can send the real estate agent a link that will take them to watermarked photos on my website (or somewhere?) that that they can view the photos but can only download after they pay. This way I just send the real estate agent a link, then its up to them to view, pay and download.

Any suggestions on how to go about this. I was planning on building my basic site via Weebly since Ive used them in the past but can go a different direction if need be or link from my Weebly site to somewhere else for the functionality I need.Thanks in advance!!!!!!

-Tom

Edited on Jul 08, 2017 at 02:31 PM · View previous versions

Jul 07, 2017 at 05:39 PM
drewmey
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need Website Help!!!

I am not a professional (so I probably shouldn't even be commenting haha) but I will say that my wedding photographer used pass.us. She gave us a link and password that allowed us view all the photos. I know it had purchasing options, but I didn't look into it because she gave us a USB as part of the package. Maybe one to look into.

I would think it would be easier to keep these two options separate. There are many website creation services available. There are also several private image hosting services available that allow purchase/shopping carts. You may be limiting your options when trying to find an option that supports both. You can always have a link from your website or some may have built in integration.

PS: I have heard smugmug has a feature to sell downloads to a photo or a whole gallery.

Jul 07, 2017 at 06:09 PM
Travis Pavek

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need Website Help!!!

You can do that on smugmug. But they will take 15% commission as well as a nominal monthly fee. I suspect most sites will take commission. I am not familiar with real estate photography but why are you not being paid upfront for the job?

Jul 07, 2017 at 06:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tom RC
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need Website Help!!!

No go on Smug Mug and not interested in the sites that charge significant commissions. I've built e-commerce sites in the past WAY back the "Dreamweaver" days but have been "out of the e-commerce" game for a number of years and looking for a way to accomplish this. I'd like to use Weebly for my basic site and then link to something else that would provide the image hosting / buying / downloading function. Maybe tied to paypal, square?? Just not sure and looking for suggestions.

And yes the ideal scenario is to be paid in advance........but we all know how that goes. Real Estate Agents are motivated to get their listings "listed" asap so if I can find a way to post the photos, send the agent the link that their images are ready then they go and pay and download if they want their photos for MLS, Zillow, etc.

Jul 08, 2017 at 02:39 PM
Tom RC
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need Website Help!!!

This looks promising (online gallery sales, booking scheduling feature) Anyone using??

http://www.picturespro.com/

Jul 08, 2017 at 02:54 PM
echelonphoto
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Need Website Help!!!

Zenfolio is the best venue for you...online sales, hosting and backup...plus a really easy sytem for creating a website. The fee is very reasonable and you do not have to deal with the cstomer directly

www.echelonphotographers.com

Jul 17, 2017 at 01:42 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password