FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Denver Wedding Photoz

hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Have not posted many pictures lately...
Year has been solid, editing has been more solid.
This was the first wedding of the year that I was really happy with. Not that I was unhappy with the other ones we have done but they were just kind of eh overall.
Feel free to comment as you please.

Doug

Jul 07, 2017 at 05:28 PM
Nathan Padgett
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Nice set.

The big group shot (#28) impresses me the most. So tough to get that many people to actually listen for a few seconds. How long did it take you to pose everyone? How did you go about it? Verbal commands, hands on, assistant, ect.

And finally, how freaking tall is your light stand?!?

Jul 07, 2017 at 07:55 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Nathan Padgett wrote:
Nice set.

The big group shot (#28) impresses me the most. So tough to get that many people to actually listen for a few seconds. How long did it take you to pose everyone? How did you go about it? Verbal commands, hands on, assistant, ect.

And finally, how freaking tall is your light stand?!?

My wife does all the group posing when there is actually posing like in that shot. She tries to pose each person individually with something slightly different for each person.
It takes a bit of time. I think that shot took maybe 10-15 min.
The only time we do those is when we have a bunch of time to do group shots and are not in a hurry. We actually finished all the group photos and bride and groom photos 45 minutes ahead of time that day so we were not in any rush. When the light is good it is pretty easy.
We like to do shots like that because of the "peaks and valleys". Makes it more interesting visually if you don't have anything else creative to work with. Obviously we are not Annie Leibovitz in Vogue magazine but something is better than nothing I guess.
I think the paradigm started with Sam Hassas with his ladder shot from long ago and then was talked about at each Genesis workshop a while back.

I have very tall light stands... haha
I think they are like 13-15 feet fully extended. They are actually backdrop stands I think. The heavy duty ones...better for when people bump them so they don't fall down.
I try to put them up as high as possible because it creates less shadows from heads and other things in the way and allows me more freedom to work with the light.

Jul 07, 2017 at 09:16 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Nice work Dougie.

Good, solid wedding coverage.... very consistent.

-Mark

Jul 07, 2017 at 10:12 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Truly masterful work, Doug. Well done.

Jul 08, 2017 at 07:16 AM
johnrg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Good stuff as always, bro, nicely done.

Jul 08, 2017 at 03:16 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Nice - looks like Cherry Hills.

Jul 08, 2017 at 04:54 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Very nice set!!

Jul 08, 2017 at 08:16 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Denver Wedding Photoz

LeeSimms wrote:
Nice - looks like Cherry Hills.

Cherry Hills for sure. Nice when $$$ is involved

Jul 10, 2017 at 03:45 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Nice, clean and well executed!

Jul 10, 2017 at 04:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Beautiful low-contrast day, too Doug ó†helps your nice unified look on this set. Hooray for cloud cover.

Jul 10, 2017 at 06:14 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Denver Wedding Photoz

In a world of VSCO, a constant barage of little people silhouettes, and rock-star copycats, this is refreshing. I love that you run your own race and maintain your own style. Simple, subtle & timeless. Bravo.

Jul 10, 2017 at 06:42 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Denver Wedding Photoz

DannyBostwick wrote:
In a world of VSCO, a constant barage of little people silhouettes, and rock-star copycats, this is refreshing. I love that you run your own race and maintain your own style. Simple, subtle & timeless. Bravo.

Thanks man!
Lots of styles and trends out there but we try to keep doing our own thing. Honestly we have learned that while we may not be the most creative people we can give people a really nice experience overall even if that means just being able to fit in and relate to tons of different types of people at each wedding.

The budget for the wedding was in the 6 figures but it was honestly one of the most laid back days we have had in a while. It was really simple to just get what we needed on not be overbearing all day. I enjoy these kinds of weddings.

Jul 10, 2017 at 09:20 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Masterful.

Jul 11, 2017 at 01:16 AM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Really nice work Doug.

Some of the verticals might benefit from the 8x10 crop.

Jul 12, 2017 at 05:03 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Denver Wedding Photoz

very very nice!

Jul 12, 2017 at 05:40 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Denver Wedding Photoz

hardlyboring wrote:
It was really simple to just get what we needed on not be overbearing all day. I enjoy these kinds of weddings.

Oh man, Amen to that! When you get these either by accident or by planning and leading the clients along they are so awesome!!

Jul 12, 2017 at 07:41 PM
alicecastillo

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Denver Wedding Photoz

The wedding seems to be a great and well organized occasion. The couple looks well groomed and happy on their special day. I want my sisterís wedding to be a perfect event and I want her to enjoy the big day of her life, hence I took the responsibility for planning her wedding so that she could relax and take care of herself and prepare for the wedding. But Iím bit worried now as the wedding date is coming near and Iím not able to plan the occasion. A friend of mine suggested me to go through professional websites, and to hire a wedding planner. I want to know how you prepared for the wedding and what should I do. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jul 15, 2017 at 06:12 AM
Leonberger

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Great set of shots! Quick question for you, for the first dance shots, was that all OCF or did you have a flash on camera firing as well?

Also, shot of the bride holding her bouquet near the beginning, do you ask her to angle it towards the camera a little? I sometimes struggle with that shot... even though it should be simple.

Again fantastic set of images!

Jul 25, 2017 at 02:20 PM
steverobert

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Denver Wedding Photoz

Such a beautiful pictures, nd i really appreciate your harwork.I am very much impressed.

Jul 28, 2017 at 07:08 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password