Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Drag Racing Tips

BobnJake
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Drag Racing Tips

Thanks in advance, going to the drag races here on Saturday, no dragsters, funny cars, just some real quick cars, all in the 9-11 second brackets. Not sure where I'll have access, I'll be shooting with my Canon 1Dx, taking both my 300f2.8 and my 70-200f2.8, I may be able to be get some good starting line shots, which is my game plan, with them coming at a quarter angle to me. I'm hoping for the front wheels in the air shots. Any tips on settings, etc. Anything tips will be much appreciated
Bob

Jul 06, 2017 at 06:57 PM
BKeroack

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Drag Racing Tips

Seriously, with that level of equipment you should have a pretty goood idea of what to do. Basically try everything! Use lowest ISO you can, but use fastest shutter speed for wheels up. Then try some with slower speeds for some panning shots even from the angle. If you have the right space I would also shoot some panning shots near the finish line. If they are in the 125-145 speed range shutter speeds of 1/100 is so with the 300 should be a good starting spot. Have fun at it, and try some things outside of the box!

Jul 07, 2017 at 12:44 AM
BobnJake
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Drag Racing Tips

BK, thanks for your suggestions of the type of shots I should try to get, I'm real concerned with the access I will have, so I think I should try to focus on getting the best shots I can get with the access that I'm provided, you've given me some areas to concentrate on, thanks
Bob

Jul 07, 2017 at 02:10 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password