Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

eyeamgage

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

Item updated in the last 24 hours    WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

Sold

Price: $215.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: $15 - Insurance included

I'm selling my WANDRD PRVKE 31 photo backpack. Its in excellent condition, with just one tiny scratch on the side of the pack. All of the original accessories are included, and contains everything that comes with the "Photography Bundle" from the manufacturer. I'm posting a few pictures but the list of info, features etc is crazy big and can be checked out following the link to the website for the pack. Its truly an incredible backpack for photography and travel and there is a reason they have had two of the most successful kickstarter campaigns ever for their packs. I'm only selling because I have too many bags and am moving and just don't have room for anything I'm not using all the time.

Website link:
https://www.wandrd.com/products/the-prvke-21-photography-bundle

Brand new the pack bundle sells for $290, but I'm selling this barely used bag for $215 OBO

Regular Paypal +3% or gift Paypal

Will ship to anywhere in CONUS: $15 dollar flat shipping charge - Insurance included

Jul 05, 2017 at 09:21 PM
nandadevieast
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

1” vs full frame sony sensors
@100 ISO, tripod, will the image still be inferior to a full frane camera if the megapixels are roughly same (20 for 1 inch sony sensor and 24 for full frame) ?
RX100 mark xxx has a sharp 24-70 zoom.
Suppose you bracket shots for DR?
Noise is not a factor at 100 ISO
Advantage: huge DOF
What do you say?
 Item updated in the last 24 hours    WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

Sold

Price: $215.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: $15 - Insurance included

I'm selling my WANDRD PRVKE 31 photo backpack. Its in excellent condition, with just one tiny scratch on the side of the pack. All of the original accessories are included, and contains everything that comes with the "Photography Bundle" from the manufacturer. I'm posting a few pictures but the list of info, features etc is crazy big and can be checked out following the link to the website for the pack. Its truly an incredible backpack for photography and travel and there is a reason they have had two of the most successful kickstarter campaigns ever for their packs. I'm only selling because I have too many bags and am moving and just don't have room for anything I'm not using all the time.

Website link:
https://www.wandrd.com/products/the-prvke-21-photography-bundle

Brand new the pack bundle sells for $290, but I'm selling this barely used bag for $215 OBO

Regular Paypal +3% or gift Paypal

Will ship to anywhere in CONUS: $15 dollar flat shipping charge - Insurance included

Jan 20, 2018 at 03:18 AM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

You can poke around here
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx100-v-review/4

(replace the mk 5 with mk 3 and change the 2nd window to the A7II or A9). You can also download the RAW files to see how well they compare if you do some severe post processing. Of course this isn't a high DR scene, and is not infinity.

Jan 20, 2018 at 05:21 AM
johnvanr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

Isn’t what matters whether any differences have a meaningful effect on the final output?

Jan 20, 2018 at 06:48 AM
Makten
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

Yes, noise is still a factor. The smaller sensor will collect a lot less photons per pixel at the same ISO, since they are very much smaller.
Also, even if the lens is sharp it has to be stopped down a bit, and then you're already into diffraction softening territory.

I'm using an a7II and a RX100 III. Sure, the RX is great for what it is, but you can still see noise at base ISO and the a7II is always a bit better.

Jan 20, 2018 at 06:56 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

I'd say that you can buy a used A7R2 for pretty cheap now.

Anything less I'd probably just whip out my phone, to be honest.

Jan 20, 2018 at 07:31 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

I'll point out that depth of field isn't an advantage for small sensors. Equivalence discussion follows.

Basically, you can get the same DOF by stopping down on larger sensors- and the amount of ISO increase to keep the same exposure at the narrower apertures, will result in similar final noise levels, varying by exact cameras being compared. I actually consider this to be a benefit to the smaller sensor, as you're not really losing too much for the same resulting depth of field, but you do have a smaller camera!

Further, remember that diffraction is related to absolute pixel size. The larger the pixels, the further the lens can be stopped down into diffraction, which means that you don't lose acuity on the larger sensor by stopping down the lens on the larger sensor more than the lens on the smaller sensor to match depth of field.

The real kicker here is the lenses, and the native ISO setting. On the best full-frame cameras, you have access to a wider range of better corrected lenses which allows you to extract more detail, and with the lower native ISO, you can get a lower noise single shot with longer exposures.

But the lenses- yeah. For the smaller system, you simply must have wider apertures available, and if you don't, the larger system is going to give you better final image quality.

**To the OP: I think, with planning and care, you could get very excellent results out of an RX100 III for landscape shooting. Just be careful not to stop down too far, as diffraction will set in quick!

Jan 20, 2018 at 09:16 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

It's the lens that will fail you in this scenario. The RX100's isn't really great - it's a good lens but not 20MP 1" good in terms of the lp/mm needed to fully maximize that sensor. If you compare it to the sharpest lenses available on the 1" Nikon 1 system you'll see a substantial difference in resolving ability.

Jan 20, 2018 at 09:26 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

For me and my landscape shooting dynamic range would be the killer to using a smaller sensor. Yes, you can bracket and combine shots, but that requires that things aren't moving too much and in landscape shooting the wind even if pretty light is often moving leaves, etc. I much prefer a single capture when I can. Another strategy is to use grad ND filters, but I find these fiddly as getting them aligned properly is not always easy and if you don't get them aligned properly you can ruin the shot.
Noise will also become an issue as you print at larger sizes. Even if the megapixels are the same and you shoot at ISO 100, there will be more noise with the smaller sensor and this may show up in your prints when you try to print at the largest size that your resolution allows.
All that said, with care and some extra work one certain can produce excellent landscape shots with a small sensor, but that does not mean that a bigger sensor doesn't still have its advantage.
Yeah, and lenses are a big thing too as John notes.

Jan 20, 2018 at 09:33 AM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

Compared a Nex5T and an RX100III for an aerial camera. Even with APS-C the difference was obvious. The larger sensor resolved more detail, more cleanly even at base ISO. The RX does actually look sharper SOOC even RAW, but when you actually look, it’s just increased noise. Sharpen the APS-C image and it blew away the RX. Better tonality, better details, more editing latitude.

Jan 20, 2018 at 09:45 AM
nandadevieast
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

What about a RX10 IV lens on the same sensor?

snapsy wrote:
It's the lens that will fail you in this scenario. The RX100's isn't really great - it's a good lens but not 20MP 1" good in terms of the lp/mm needed to fully maximize that sensor. If you compare it to the sharpest lenses available on the 1" Nikon 1 system you'll see a substantial difference in resolving ability.

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:55 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

nandadevieast wrote:
What about a RX10 IV lens on the same sensor?

Decided to look and found DPReview's review, which doesn't compare directly to the RX100-series, but does show the RX10 III/IV (same lens) to be the best of their type.

I would hesitate to recommend these cameras, though, due to their size, unless you're pining for the reach of their long lenses.

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:07 AM
Makten
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

johnctharp wrote:
Basically, you can get the same DOF by stopping down on larger sensors- and the amount of ISO increase to keep the same exposure at the narrower apertures, will result in similar final noise levels, varying by exact cameras being compared.

While I agree with most of what you wrote, the above isn't necessarily true. The smaller sensors are almost always better (lower noise) per sensor area than the larger ones, which means that you can get lower noise at the same DOF and shutter speed with a smaller sensor. This has nothing with equivalence to do, but is because of manufacturing processes and readout electronics. A smaller sensor doesn't heat up as much, for example.

However, you seldom need such a deep DOF that the smaller sensor wins IRL. You just don't have to stop down the lens (and rise ISO accordingly) on the larger sensor camera to proper equivalence, and therefore the larger sensor will win anyway.

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:44 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

I'll agree that in many cases, the smaller sensor is probably the more advanced sensor, because whatever sensor is used in the larger camera, the smaller sensor is almost certainly an Exmor that is more closely related to the latest smartphone Exmor than the larger sensor in question

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:55 AM
Makten
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sold: WANDRD PRVKE 31 Photography backpack

johnctharp wrote:
I'll agree that in many cases, the smaller sensor is probably the more advanced sensor, because whatever sensor is used in the larger camera, the smaller sensor is almost certainly an Exmor that is more closely related to the latest smartphone Exmor than the larger sensor in question

Yeah, I guess this comes from the production volumes as well. Smaller sensors = larger volumes = more effort to get them really good. Also, a larger sensor can "get away" with being inferior while a small sensor has to be really, really good to compete.

If you would make a 24x36 mm sensor out of the same wafer as the RX100, it would just blow away all the other FF competition. But, yield would probably be extremely low and cost astronomical.

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:03 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.