Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

http://www.fujirumors.com/ibis-coming-future-fujifilm-x-cameras-trusted-source/

Jul 05, 2017 at 01:54 PM
InSanE
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

WOW this Instant Bride Irritation Soother will be the game changer we have been waiting for!

Jul 05, 2017 at 02:44 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

I think photographers would be better off making the most of what they have and using it to it's full potential than endlessly wanting some new feature to make the job easier when modern camera's are so capable already.

Jul 05, 2017 at 08:16 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

glort wrote:
I think photographers would be better off making the most of what they have and using it to it's full potential than endlessly wanting some new feature to make the job easier when modern camera's are so capable already.

Meh, this is not so problematic. Some craftsmen love their tools/toys. This tendency can be seen in all professions. Getting excited about new shit doesn't mean the photographer can't do great stuff already or thinks their current gear Ian holding them back...it is just exciting to see the evolution of our tools.

Jul 05, 2017 at 09:18 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

glort wrote:

You do realize it is possible for people to be excited about new features/equipment while *also* making the most of what they've got right?

IBIS is an incredible feature. When I was shooting more on Sony for travel stuff, I loooooved IBIS ... hand holding 1s exposures on the fly is pretty friggin awesome.

Jul 06, 2017 at 01:10 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

BSPhotog wrote:
Meh, this is not so problematic. Some craftsmen love their tools/toys. This tendency can be seen in all professions. Getting excited about new shit doesn't mean the photographer can't do great stuff already or thinks their current gear Ian holding them back...it is just exciting to see the evolution of our tools.

Trouble is, they are NEVER satisfied.

I can't think of any trade or profession where people are so gearcentric or replace their tools as often and on the whim shooters do.

I'll guarantee, If I said to people, give me a list of everything you want in a camera and I miracled that equipment, a week, month, whatever later, they would be on some forum complaining about something and wanting it better/ different/ something extra.
It just seems a never ending and pointless thing in order to keep the profits of the manufacturers up.

The easier we make things with gear for ourselves, the easier we are making it to undermine our profession and have it made redundant because anyone can pick up a camera and get the same results because the skill factor has been reduced to nothing.

Anyway, I know no one else looks at it this way and the profession has a completely opposite viewpoint so get whatever you want that gives you satisfaction.

Jul 06, 2017 at 10:17 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

glort wrote:
The easier we make things with gear for ourselves, the easier we are making it to undermine our profession and have it made redundant because anyone can pick up a camera and get the same results because the skill factor has been reduced to nothing.

Anyway, I know no one else looks at it this way and the profession has a completely opposite viewpoint so get whatever you want that gives you satisfaction.

Completely disagree. You give me the sharpest knives and the best cookware in the finest kitchen in the world. The food I cook will still taste like shit.

Gear won't help anyone see light better, or compose a better image, or identify a better storytelling image. Better gear won't predetermine what moment is worth capturing, or which image has the most emotional impact. The easier it is for a consumer to take a picture, the more they'll realize it's less about gear.

Jul 07, 2017 at 01:38 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

dhp_sf wrote:
The easier it is for a consumer to take a picture, the more they'll realize it's less about gear.

I don't believe the proliferation of pictures on iphones supports that theory.

Jul 07, 2017 at 02:15 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

glort wrote:

I can kinds see both pov in this one.

On the one hand p&s and phones getting better has mostly still just enabled people to produce bucket loads of crap but now it is just more likely to be in ficus and we'll exposed.

Before in the old film days wedding photogs could just coast along purely on being able to take sharp well exposed pics. Now that just isn't enough.

A rising tide raises all ships; pro wedding pictures have got much better with cameras with better af, high iso and easy ocf. Joe bloggs takes 'better' pics in that now they are at least exposed properly and not blurry. Better tech enables both to do more, more easily and that is a good thing because the focus is more on creativity and not being able to use certain gear.

Jul 07, 2017 at 06:29 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

When you're doing this professionally, gear matters.

Sorry. It just does.

And any advancement, be it 20FPS, IBIS, flippy screens, etc. opens up new ways to be creative.

Jul 07, 2017 at 07:43 AM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fuji Working on IBIS for Future X-Bodies

glort wrote:

People's standards are higher when hiring, imo. Many of the clients that book me say something along the lines of "we were looking for someone who could do something that we didn't feel like just anyone could do with a nice camera."

Personally I think it pushes the standards of professional photography to a new high. And I think that's a good thing.

Jul 07, 2017 at 10:38 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.