Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · X-T20 What am I missing here?

doowop42
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-T20 What am I missing here?

My focus box and guide lines disappear in a second when using the viewfinder. All is well when viewing on the LCD.

Jul 05, 2017 at 01:22 PM
doowop42
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-T20 What am I missing here?

Found the answer!
Have you inadvertently changed the screen to "Information Off"? Have you tried toggling through the screen display modes with the Disp/Back button?

Jul 05, 2017 at 01:53 PM
you2
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-T20 What am I missing here?

You know that is something I've tried to explain to my parents. One of the gotcha with modern electronic gui design is that many 'mis-clicks' (whether it be gui elements on the screen; commands to the browser; or buttons on the camera) can have side effects. I try to explain to my dad the 'weird' things that happen with his computer is because he mistypes the commands. He gets it that a typo cause the command not to be issue but has a bit understanding that the state of his system (or setting in this case) has occurred because of that typo.
-
And yea i'm well aware of the display button from the olympus but that is a minor thing relative to some of the annoying settings that can be put into play when the wrong button is clicked (or right button clicked once too often)
-
I do question some of these designs (more so with computers than camera) where destructive commands are put one key away from constructive commands.

Jul 07, 2017 at 04:39 AM
MJKoski
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-T20 What am I missing here?

I battle that every day when designing a GUI. Mostly I hide destructive functionality from the view and put it behind additional menu options if it is not the main idea of a view - to delete/remove/archive something. Or, to modify something.

In camera design is it bad idea to replicate same content to be shown on both the EVF and the back LCD. EVF could use additional layer of information in form of notifications when switching/changing a parameter.

Jul 10, 2017 at 04:46 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.