1       2      
       end

"CAN I PAINT YOUR PHOTO?"

glort
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · "CAN I PAINT YOUR PHOTO?"

Colin F wrote:
Sorry glort, I attempted in my reply to your first rant to thoroughly touch on all your points, but you ignored the vast majority of those comments, and you've continued to display your anger, and abrasiveness, so I have no interest in wasting my time dialoguing with the Australian version of Yosemite Sam.

Yeah, nice try.
Still can't even attempt a answer at a basic question about what you believe is fair compensation for your stated position.
Thanks for proving beyond all reasonable doubt what I was suspicious of.

This has been like having a chess match with a pigeon who knocks over all the pieces and takes a crap on the board and flies back to his flock and claims victory.

From my perspective, it has been like having a conversation with someone that watches too many self serving videos and probably gets involved with too many people that think owning a camera makes them somehow special or gives them " Rights" and they should be revered and worshiped for choosing to spend their money and time on a self indulgence they crave recognition for they don't earn in any other area of their life. They try to inflate their own self importance and ego however after failing to rally the social approval and support they thought they would garner, they then ridicule and dismiss any differing opinion. They also repeatedly fail to answer direct questions which would undermine their flawed position or to provide and fact or support of their opinion they insist is correct but won't directly address.

Funny how there can be different Viewpoints on the same thing isn't there?

Jul 08, 2017 at 02:25 AM
Colin F
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · "CAN I PAINT YOUR PHOTO?"

glort wrote:
What makes me flat out laugh, is that you haven't even attempted to give a sensible answer to my question. If it were legitimate belief, a sensible and satisfactory answer may have been: "I'd have to talk to the painter and see what it was they actually wanted to do with it" . Another reasonable answer may have been: "It would depend on what the painting was going to sell for."

Other reasonable and logical answers may have pertained to the size of the work, whether it was a private or corporate commission, for on spec sale, to be exhibited
...Show more

To me, it is extremely telling of your reading comprehension skills, for in my opening post, I said this: "If you sell your paintings, we will need to discuss the size, quantity and the price that you will sell it for, and come to an arrangement for compensation.

Or perhaps you're just blinded by your rage & anger, I dunno. It does seem though that your chosen level of anonymity (pseudonym, no web or social media links) allows you to reveal your true nature. This is common on the internet, lots of forums have their bullies. You are an aggressive, abrasive and bitter individual, and I would suggest either some anger management classes, or counseling, or a book like "How to win friends and influence people".

I won't hold my breath on any of those suggestions, but in the meantime, please refrain from commenting on any of my threads/posts. You've made yourself as welcome as a fly in a kitchen.

Jul 08, 2017 at 01:01 PM
glort
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · "CAN I PAINT YOUR PHOTO?"

Thank You for that highly amusing reply.
It did actually make me laugh.

Jul 08, 2017 at 03:54 PM
Mikehit
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · "CAN I PAINT YOUR PHOTO?"

Colin F wrote:
If they want a "totally and completely" end result (dwell upon those words and their meaning for a second or two) then they likely wouldn't be wanting the image in the first place. If they were to create something from it that was indeed "totally and completely" different, then they likely wouldn't feel the need to ask permission.

Ref the part in bold - I'm not sure this is the case. There is so much bullsh!t on the internet about copyright, a lot of it from armchair lawyers who get it badly wrong (in turn, often arising from regional differences in copyright law), and I suspect a fair bit of it from artists of all persuasions who love to muddy the water to try and deter people from using their work. Things like 'you have to have model release to sell photos of people in public' or 'it is illegal to take photos of children int he street' or 'you have to have a building release to take a photo of a building' or 'you cannot take a photo of a copyrighted work'.
Over the years this has become such a hot topic that I am sure there are many artists out there who feel they have to ask permission for using other works as reference no matter what they are doing. That is just plain incorrect.

As i said above, if you had made any reasonable effort to find out what they wanted to use it for instead of wading in with 'no you can't, to do so is illegal' I think you would have got much more sympathy. Yes, you have said you would probably wordsmith if but do not expect people to critique what you actually wrote.

Jul 09, 2017 at 09:37 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password