New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Dealing with New member/buyer

tobycat2
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dealing with New member/buyer

I have someone interested in a lens I have for sale, but the person is brand new here, has zero posts and no feedback. They'd use paypal, so I'm wondering what keeps a buyer from being able to purchase an item and then filing a dispute over some made-up reason to try and get the item for free? I used to sell a bit on amazon, but I hated the return policy when people used an item for 29 days then returned it just because. I've mostly only dealt with established members here, but that being said, I was once new with zero feedback as well...

Jul 05, 2017 at 04:13 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dealing with New member/buyer

Answer: Nothing keeps a buyer from doing that.

Jul 05, 2017 at 11:42 AM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dealing with New member/buyer

tobycat2 wrote:
I have someone interested in a lens I have for sale, but the person is brand new here, has zero posts and no feedback. They'd use paypal, so I'm wondering what keeps a buyer from being able to purchase an item and then filing a dispute over some made-up reason to try and get the item for free? I used to sell a bit on amazon, but I hated the return policy when people used an item for 29 days then returned it just because. I've mostly only dealt with established members here, but that being said, I was once
...Show more

As were all of us. Give them a call and talk to them...this goes a long way in building trust.

Jul 05, 2017 at 03:54 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dealing with New member/buyer

It is up to YOU to vet this person. There are many free websites that will establish at least name, address, phone number. Is he a "verified PP Member"? Ask for references....Become proactive in your own well being!

Jul 05, 2017 at 05:15 PM
tobycat2
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dealing with New member/buyer

thanks for the suggestion folks!

Jul 06, 2017 at 03:05 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password