Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Loxia 21 boke quality? Samples please!

freaklikeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Loxia 21 boke quality? Samples please!

Fred Miranda wrote:
It's common for wide-angle lenses to have aspherical element(s) so unless modern aspheric lens element moulding process is used, onion rings will continue to be an issue. I agree that's one of the negatives of the Batis 25/2 along with noticeable LoCA.

I believe the 25/2.8 ZM is free of aspherical elements and together with a 2.5m PCX front-lens, it could be another option until Sony releases a wide GM option. I'm not sure how the ZM bokeh renders at wide apertures though.

In my opinion, it's good. Much better than the aspherical lenses around the same focal length.

This is wide-open with the Biogon on a UT-modded rII...

a7rII_UT_ZM25_DenverBikes by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr

Jul 10, 2017 at 01:29 AM
sebbe
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Loxia 21 boke quality? Samples please!

Samuli Vahonen wrote:
Thanks for posting boke samples - if there are more samples please post!

Short analysis of posted sample images this far:

1. MaTiHH's lion head did not give new info; subject to background distance is so great that everything is very blurred and any boke quality issues are hidden under enormous quantity of boke.
  2. 1st photo of lady&dog posted by charles.K boke seems to behave well on large distance shot, and subject seems to stand out well. Other images did not contain useful info.
  3. DannyBurkPhoto's flower photo is quite interesting - ratio of distances of subject and background is large or very large,
  4. Bobu's horse has nice and smooth background boke both on high frequency detail (grass) and high contrast low frequency detail (mountains etc.)
  5. AGeoJO's tree image is pretty revealing; on image edge (long edge) boke highlights seem to have issue of having light concentration to edge of boke "circle", making boke edgy and rough. Boke is more calm closer to image centre. I have seen modern overcorrected lenses do this, but 2 stops down is quite surprising to see.

Samuli
...Show more

Bokeh has a lots of color transitions. Slight contrast/saturation push or a different profile/editor can show a complete different result.
All of those pictures are processed to taste. A comparison to your stile looks very difficult. As Guy already said, rent one. Or my advice: Ask for RAWs and process them by your own.

Jul 10, 2017 at 03:53 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.