1       2       3      
       end

gdanmitchell

Rajan Parrikar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · gdanmitchell

alundeb wrote:
It is sad to see such disrespect in his absence. Dan and i have had some fights over the years, but we got over it and the mutual respect has grown since. He is one of the members here I surely would like to meet in person.

Threads like this devoted to a person are best placed in "Forum and Miscellaneous." I do not especially like to comment adversely on someone not here to defend himself or herself. This has very little to do with Canon gear.

Jul 03, 2017 at 07:52 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · gdanmitchell

moved...

Jul 03, 2017 at 07:59 PM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · gdanmitchell

Dragonfire wrote:
Fred has been known to give the aged and grumpy a "time out"

I was not referring to Dan, but the "aged and grumpy" that chase us away

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · gdanmitchell

No disrespect here, I have met him once here in the bay area and we have a lot of common photographer friends. I Don't always agree with his ideas on photography/gear. I used to follow his website more to see conditions of local areas that I was planning to photograph like Eastern Sierra or Yosemite but he seems to spending less time out there. He is well connected/respected with by a lot of top landscape photographers and his images have been selected at Yosemite Renaissance art contest etc.
So no disrespect here.

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:13 PM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · gdanmitchell

Never mind the aged and cranky, how about the young and obstreperous?

Speaking of the maple syrup scam, see here re the honey scam:

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/11/tests-show-most-store-honey-isnt-honey/#.WV5c7caZNBw

Should add, since the thread was about Dan Mitchell, that I very much admire many of his photos and hope to see more. Do remember an argument with him over photo-cell size, but that was par for the course.

Jul 06, 2017 at 03:54 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · gdanmitchell

Fred Miranda wrote:
Dan was never banned from any of the boards. On the contrary, his experience and knowledgeable contribution over the years will always be appreciated.

Fred, thank you for setting folks straight on that — I've never been subject to a ban or warning at FM.

- - - -

I was unaware of this thread until today, when someone mentioned it to me. I'm generally not a fan of threads about people, though those that start with concern about their absence do make some sense. I appreciate the concern from folks who posted here from that perspective.

Since the question was asked, and since I have been posting again at FM (undoubtedly to the annoyance of a few who replied to this thread... ;-), I'll clarify.

Yes, I did stop posting for a few months. I've always enjoyed FM, but persistent nasty and personal responses to almost everything I posted from a small cadre of FM members finally became too annoying. I continued to occasionally read some FM threads, but I stopped posting. Taking a break was a healthy and positive thing for me. (And, heck, some of you claim to have appreciated it... ;-)

Eventually it appeared that some of those folks might have had a change of heart — or heeded warnings from moderators — and it seemed like time to try again.

Meanwhile, my photographic life went on as before. For about a decade I have posted a new photograph daily at my website, along with a few paragraphs of commentary, and that string continues unbroken. The daily (and sometimes more often) photograph posts also continue on my social media pages. And I still spend a lot of time in the Sierra: Two pack trips into the range last summer, one fo which was nine days long and devoted entirely to photography. All told, I'm sure I spend more than a month of my life there every year.

(To those who feel that I should post only about photography on social media, I recognize your right to that opinion, and I understand if you choose not to follow me there. To others, there is an easy way to find out if their reports are accurate or not — visit my pages and find out for yourself. And, to any who want to discuss my social media use, please do that via those social media accounts and not here on FM. And for anyone who likes my photography and photography writing, see my website — I only post photographs and photography-related articles there.)

I continue to sell and license photographs, exhibit my work, and write/talk about photography.

And "thank you" to folks who were concerned about me and who spoke up for me. I don't plan to post any further comments in this thread.

Take care, and...

YMMV, ;-)

Dan

Nov 15, 2017 at 09:28 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password