1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2017 · gdanmitchell

fraga
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · gdanmitchell

PetKal wrote:
Californian olive oils are still better than Italian olive oils which are mostly fakes.

My dear friend, you need to try Portuguese Olive Oil.
Some of the best in the world.

Jul 03, 2017 at 05:37 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · gdanmitchell

Greek Horio extra virgin gets my vote.

Jul 03, 2017 at 07:12 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · gdanmitchell

PetKal wrote:
Well Austfalia only produces wool, coal and opals I think, everything else comes from China or Japan. Anything good we grow food wise is sold OS and we buy back crap.

Jul 03, 2017 at 07:46 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · gdanmitchell

Jctriguy and GDan came in one pack - since one is gone, the other one is gone, too. Coincidence? Don't miss any of them. The forum is a much better place since.

Jul 03, 2017 at 08:16 AM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · gdanmitchell

Paul Mo wrote:
Greek Horio extra virgin gets my vote.

This images was taken from Delphi in Greece, the town in the distance is Itea. All of the trees in the flat are olive trees. Its hard to imagine people using so much olive oil. Its like seeing all the vineyard average in central California. Who drinks all that wine? I prefer beer myself and I think a lot of beer gets consumed but I've yet to see a hopyard. Where does that get made? I think Dan would prefer this discussion.

Jul 03, 2017 at 09:48 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · gdanmitchell

fraga wrote:
My dear friend, you need to try Portuguese Olive Oil.
Some of the best in the world.

We will. Gonna be in Albufeira next year for a month. Just booked it. Second time there. Had a great time last time we visited. Alte was one of our favourite towns.

Jul 03, 2017 at 10:26 AM
AJSJones
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · gdanmitchell

Jeff Nolten wrote:
This images was taken from Delphi in Greece, the town in the distance is Itea. All of the trees in the flat are olive trees. Its hard to imagine people using so much olive oil. Its like seeing all the vineyard average in central California. Who drinks all that wine? I prefer beer myself and I think a lot of beer gets consumed but I've yet to see a hopyard. Where does that get made? I think Dan would prefer this discussion.

Some of the nut/fruit orchards along I-80 between SF and Tahoe have been replaced with hops. Their sign proudly says "We grow beer"

Jul 03, 2017 at 10:56 AM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · gdanmitchell

AJSJones wrote:
Some of the nut/fruit orchards along I-80 between SF and Tahoe have been replaced with hops. Their sign proudly says "We grow beer"

.. A Biergarten ..

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:10 AM
bootster
• •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · gdanmitchell

retrofocus wrote:
Jctriguy and GDan came in one pack - since one is gone, the other one is gone, too. Coincidence? Don't miss any of them. The forum is a much better place since.

I don't know if chez is banned from the Canon forum or not, but he didn't hesitate to "like" a post about dissing a few forum members, like this one. Maybe that's a reason to keep him banned from this forum?

Back on topic, I hope the two are doing well, as they were a good thing for this forum.

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:12 AM

p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · gdanmitchell

Is it possible to get banned from one board only?

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:14 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · gdanmitchell

Snopchenko wrote:

Why don't you find out for us, Illya? Start a DR thread comparing Canon and Sony

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:24 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · gdanmitchell

Snopchenko wrote:

Yes ... member(s) have been banned from the Canon board a while back. Fred has that capability to isolate to the single board vs. the site. He likewise has the ability to make it temporary (i.e. wake up call) or permanent.

Fred doesn't like doing that (it is a form of censorship) ... but, push come to shove, he places the dignity and respect of fellow FM'ers high enough to do so on occasion.

Edited on Jul 03, 2017 at 11:34 AM · View previous versions

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:28 AM
dalite
• • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · gdanmitchell

I suspect some FM members suffer "temporary burnout" or maybe seeking different/more attention in another forum such as Facebook. I have noticed a few photographers who have posted excellent pics before and who are now gone/missing. Maybe they're still lurking.

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · gdanmitchell

Dan was never banned from any of the boards. On the contrary, his experience and knowledgeable contribution over the years will always be appreciated.

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:43 AM

p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · gdanmitchell

mitesh wrote:
Why don't you find out for us, Illya? Start a DR thread comparing Canon and Sony

I would have tried that only on the Sony forum; I believe I cannot last a single day without the exposure to the FM Canon boards so getting banned from here would probably be the end of me. Yeah, I have no life.
Anyhoo, thanks to Fred for the explanation.

Jul 03, 2017 at 11:45 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · gdanmitchell

Jeff Nolten wrote:

Try the San Luis valley in south central Colorado. Huge fields. I do acknowledge being a born and bred CO high country ranch boy, so it's quite likely I lack taste and discrimination. OTOH while I'm nowhere near as sophisticated as the eastern aristocracies of the big cities (both US and CA), I can tell you - with feet planted on great rock - what the sky and earth look and feel like from 14,000'.

Enjoy Dan and the significant contributions he has made to my growth. As for the "trolls"? Hide Me works well.

Jul 03, 2017 at 12:20 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · gdanmitchell

The trolls of FM have been replaced by Trump looking at G Dan's Twitter feed. I guess tweeting about Trump and politics is more fun than engaging in discussions here on camera gear.

Jul 03, 2017 at 01:34 PM
Milan Hutera
• • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · gdanmitchell

wayne seltzer wrote:
The trolls of FM have been replaced by Trump looking at G Dan's Twitter feed. I guess tweeting about Trump and politics is more fun than engaging in discussions here on camera gear.

Yes, unfortunately it seems for every 1 photo Dan posts there are 9 or 10 anti Trump tweets and it's extremely tiring to sift though. I also muted New Yorker's twitter account because it was nothing but Trump and I don't f**king care.

Jul 03, 2017 at 01:59 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · gdanmitchell

.. Be kind to your FM Trolls .. They may have feelings too ..

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-4JzcVfr/0/92c40249/M/i-4JzcVfr-M.jpg

Jefferson

Jul 03, 2017 at 02:26 PM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · gdanmitchell

It is sad to see such disrespect in his absence. Dan and i have had some fights over the years, but we got over it and the mutual respect has grown since. He is one of the members here I surely would like to meet in person.

Jul 03, 2017 at 02:38 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.