Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I...

agelessphotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Edited on Jul 03, 2017 at 01:06 AM · View previous versions

Jul 01, 2017 at 01:45 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Sounds like a bummer, sorry to hear about this. B&H are usually pretty responsive to their customers, so I would be willing to bet you'll get this resolved. Curious, though, as to the "horrible service" that you mention in the thread title. Have you received an unsatisfactory reply to your email? From your post, it certainly sounds like you received an incomplete and damaged order, but I don't see any mention of any service issue.

agelessphotog wrote:
Ordered a $295 stand, $90 boom. Came home to find a B&H cardboard box at my garage door leaned up. Big holes in top and bottom of box. Boom not in box, one of the wheels on the stad was damaged. They used ZERO packaging to protect the items. They stuck a steel pole / stand in a cardboard box with no styrofoam or anythig. I sent them a email askig to please help resove this so I don't have to do a billing dispute with my credit card photo. I was smart enough to take photos of the cardboard
...Show more

Jul 01, 2017 at 02:07 AM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Maybe I should have worded it differenly. But who in the heck sends out large heavy metal poles / stands in a cardboard box with nothing to protect it? This was an almost $500 order between the stand and boom. Anyone with even a little common sense would have known better, let alone someone who does this for a living.

Jul 01, 2017 at 02:11 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Best advice is to send an email to Henry Posner with the order number and your narrative. He's always willing to help with these problems and wants to hear about them.

[email protected]

Jul 01, 2017 at 07:03 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Edited on Jul 03, 2017 at 01:07 AM · View previous versions

Jul 01, 2017 at 07:48 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Edited on Jul 03, 2017 at 01:07 AM · View previous versions

Jul 01, 2017 at 07:52 PM
George Orwell
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

The OP is ranting endlessly on DPR about this "tragedy" and now has come to FM to continue this nonsense.

Why some people think making a complete and total fool of themselves on the internet solves problems will probably always remain a mystery.

B & H has earned a tremendous amount of respect from photographers because of their extraordinary customer service. You, a supposed "professional", did not even give them the chance to act on this issue. Instead you have ranted and raved on at least two forums, probably more.

Jul 02, 2017 at 10:16 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Ranting solves nothing. Just irritates the readers.
Constructive communication, and I'm sure it is easily resolved.

I ordered a set of steel braided brake lines for my BMW motorcycle. They just showed up, but were not the ones I ordered. Non ABS versus ABS. I'm totally outraged. And they're out until the fifth. I couldn't even sleep last night!!

Ha-ha! Stuff happens.

Now if they blow me off, disregard the replacement, or charge me shipping, or a multitude of other "in your face" possibilities... Then I might get mad and trash them on the internet. Until then, I wait and see how it plays out...

Jul 02, 2017 at 03:01 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Jul 02, 2017 at 05:32 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Wouldn't be much of a community or forum if people didn't express different opinions on issues. As long as we can remain respectful and not make things personal, that shouldn't be a problem.

agelessphotog wrote:
Why waste your time reading and replying if you get irritated? move along if it irritates you that much.

Jul 02, 2017 at 05:33 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

Jul 02, 2017 at 05:41 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

ckcarr wrote:
Ranting solves nothing. Just irritates the readers.
Constructive communication, and I'm sure it is easily resolved.

I ordered a set of steel braided brake lines for my BMW motorcycle. They just showed up, but were not the ones I ordered. Non ABS versus ABS. I'm totally outraged. And they're out until the fifth. I couldn't even sleep last night!!

Ha-ha! Stuff happens.

Now if they blow me off, disregard the replacement, or charge me shipping, or a multitude of other "in your face" possibilities... Then I might get mad and trash them on the internet. Until then, I wait and see how
...Show more

Jul 02, 2017 at 05:45 PM
George Orwell
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

mitesh wrote:
Wouldn't be much of a community or forum if people didn't express different opinions on issues. As long as we can remain respectful and not make things personal, that shouldn't be a problem.

Read the DPR thread and see how disrespectful the OP is. What a hysterical shrill person, incapable of shame and bereft of class.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4175752

Jul 02, 2017 at 07:39 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

We regret the OP's initial dissatisfaction. I am pleased to note he has reported to me this has been resolved to his complete satisfaction.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Jul 05, 2017 at 08:48 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

George Orwell wrote:
The OP is ranting endlessly on DPR about this "tragedy" and now has come to FM to continue this nonsense.

Why some people think making a complete and total fool of themselves on the internet solves problems will probably always remain a mystery.

B & H has earned a tremendous amount of respect from photographers because of their extraordinary customer service. You, a supposed "professional", did not even give them the chance to act on this issue. Instead you have ranted and raved on at least two forums, probably more.

Takes a long time to gain respect...not much to lose it. This B&H needs to learn and the photi community needs to hear about. I for one want to know both good aspects and bad of the different suppliers we all have at our disposal. As I recall not too long ago, there was another rant right here about the lousy B&H shipping on some equipment that also resulted in damage. Repeated issues is a sign of poor QC management and unless all these issues get exposed...they are covered up very quickly by their ambassadors.

Jul 05, 2017 at 11:48 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Shocked by the crappy packaging and defective equipment I received from B&H.

George Orwell wrote:
Read the DPR thread and see how disrespectful the OP is. What a hysterical shrill person, incapable of shame and bereft of class.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4175752

George, what exactly is your goal here? The OP was pissed off, and with all rights, and let the photo community know about the situation. I'm glad to hear not only the great service I received from B&H...but also the shoddy aspects of their business. This information allows us to make a more informed decision when purchasing gear.

Jul 05, 2017 at 11:55 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password