Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Night on Bald Mountain

With apologies to Mussogrsky

Jun 30, 2017 at 08:43 AM
rgoosney
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Night on Bald Mountain

Ben, I like the image but I think if you crop just a little more to get the dark shadow out of the lower corners especially the lower left would help it quite a bit. You have such wonderful locations to shoot out there.

Jun 30, 2017 at 08:55 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Night on Bald Mountain

ben egbert wrote:
With apologies to Mussogrsky

No apologies necessary.

Very, very nice Ben. The winter snow will be a memory soon, but the snow remnants add an interesting touch. I also love the way the shadows lay on the mountain, with the greenery below, contrasting with the dynamic blue sky. Maybe a black and white conversion also?

Steve

Jun 30, 2017 at 08:56 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Night on Bald Mountain

Thanks Steve. Here is a B&W conversion, I used NIK silver exf pro, but could not find any presets that handled the sky well. This is the best I could find.

Jun 30, 2017 at 09:49 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Night on Bald Mountain

ben egbert wrote:
Thanks Steve. Here is a B&W conversion, I used NIK silver exf pro, but could not find any presets that handled the sky well. This is the best I could find.

Hey Ben, a suggestion is to crop the B&W just below the top of the mountain, leaving a little slice of sky on the top right. That would focus our eye on the mountain rather moving to the empty sky. Not at my computer so sorry I can't presently illustrate.
Steve

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Night on Bald Mountain

I do not presume to offer technical advice or suggestions for change as there are those here much more qualified than I to do so.

I would say, however, that this is a classic geological textbook image showing the result of tectonic movement throughout eons, the KT boundary, stratification and folding as well as wind and water erosion.

Jun 30, 2017 at 06:23 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Night on Bald Mountain

Rick Joyce wrote:
I do not presume to offer technical advice or suggestions for change as there are those here much more qualified than I to do so.

I would say, however, that this is a classic geological textbook image showing the result of tectonic movement throughout eons, the KT boundary, stratification and folding as well as wind and water erosion.

Rick, you are a wealth of knowledge

Jun 30, 2017 at 08:57 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Night on Bald Mountain

Ben,

Just because the sky isn't playing ball doesn't mean that you don't have a lot of goodness to work with.

Maybe go a little outside the box on this one and play with the great lines, tones and textures in play?

Jeff

Jul 02, 2017 at 09:54 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Night on Bald Mountain

Thanks Jeff. In the color version, I thought the pure blue sky played well with the reddish brown sunset colors on the terrain. But you are correct for the monochrome conversion.

Jul 03, 2017 at 08:51 AM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Night on Bald Mountain

DTN

Hope you don't mind a bit of play, Ben.

https://s19.postimg.org/m8n628n8z/dtn.jpg

Jul 06, 2017 at 10:25 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Night on Bald Mountain

Fits the title for sure.

Jul 07, 2017 at 09:18 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.