Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11
  
 
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


New firmware version 1.3 available


Firware update


Birdie



Jun 29, 2017 at 02:48 AM
Bobg657
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


Thanks, it looks very minor per the cryptic info provided.


Jun 29, 2017 at 04:39 AM
DanC.Licks
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


Think I will skip that one and see what 1.4 has in store...


Jun 29, 2017 at 05:42 AM
James Farrell
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


DanC.Licks wrote:
Think I will skip that one and see what 1.4 has in store...


Never ceases to amaze me that people skip firmware updates just because they believe they're too minor in nature. There is a widely held belief that camera manufacturers at times will fix some hidden issue that they don't always publicize in addition to what they publicly outline in a new firmware update. No, I cannot prove what I am saying here. That said, I'll take whatever firmware improvements are offered, minor or not.



Jun 29, 2017 at 02:54 PM
brianric
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


James Farrell wrote:
Never ceases to amaze me that people skip firmware updates just because they believe they're too minor in nature. There is a widely held belief that camera manufacturers at times will fix some hidden issue that they don't always publicize in addition to what they publicly outline in a new firmware update. No, I cannot prove what I am saying here. That said, I'll take whatever firmware improvements are offered, minor or not.


I feel every time I have to update the firmware on my two E-M1 Mk II that there is a possibility I can brick my cameras if there is a hang up in the upgrade process so if it is an upgrade that I feel is minor I will skip it.



Jul 01, 2017 at 11:57 PM
k-h.a.w
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


I wouldn't update during a local thunderstorm, but other than that so far I have not bricked a camera yet. Knock on wood.

K-H.



Jul 02, 2017 at 02:04 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


I did the update and no issues to date.

Birdie



Jul 02, 2017 at 03:05 AM
brianric
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


k-h.a.w wrote:
I wouldn't update during a local thunderstorm, but other than that so far I have not bricked a camera yet. Knock on wood.

K-H.


I live on the Democratic side of town , There's a substation about a half mile from where I live. Very rare on the north of substation to have a power outage, those on the south end (where I live) average six to ten power outages a year.



Jul 02, 2017 at 03:12 PM
k-h.a.w
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


brianric wrote:
I live on the Democratic side of town , There's a substation about a half mile from where I live. Very rare on the north of substation to have a power outage, those on the south end (where I live) average six to ten power outages a year.


How about using a battery powered computer or an UPS unit?

K-H.



Jul 02, 2017 at 06:30 PM
brianric
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


k-h.a.w wrote:
How about using a battery powered computer or an UPS unit?

K-H.

I have a UPS unit, Internet still goes out (Comcast). Like I said before, I don't do updates unless it affects the way I use the camera. It's a shame Olympus doesn't do firmware updates, like Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, and Samsung does by updating via the flash card in the camera. In fact, I will only update my Olympus lens firmware using my Panasonic cameras.



Jul 03, 2017 at 02:22 PM
CPWarner
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Firmware Update for E-M1Mark11


No problem updating my camera and several lenses today. I am just happy they keep providing increased performance and in some cases functions (for example the EM1 mk1). Not a lot on this one, but I keep them updated.


Jul 07, 2017 at 02:06 AM







FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password