New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · wireless remote for OMD-M1

Herbc
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · wireless remote for OMD-M1

I do hope I got the model numbers right, OLy is confusing in its designations.

anyway, I am looking for a wireless remote for the model 1, not the recently release Mk II.

opinions welcome

Jun 28, 2017 at 09:46 PM
Bob Kane
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · wireless remote for OMD-M1

Herbc wrote:
I do hope I got the model numbers right, OLy is confusing in its designations.

anyway, I am looking for a wireless remote for the model 1, not the recently release Mk II.

opinions welcome

Vello Freewave. Cheap, reliable. The Olympus-compatible model also works with Canon, and the cables from receiver to camera are included. Maybe $40 or so.

Jul 02, 2017 at 05:11 AM
nandadevieast
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · wireless remote for OMD-M1

Is it wireless? As in, without the cable release?

Bob Kane wrote:
Vello Freewave. Cheap, reliable. The Olympus-compatible model also works with Canon, and the cables from receiver to camera are included. Maybe $40 or so.

Jul 02, 2017 at 05:37 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · wireless remote for OMD-M1

I think it's both - can be used wired (cable provided) or wirelessly.

You do have to make sure that the supplied cable (for use in the wired mode) is the 2.5mm male-to-male stereo jack.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/849272-REG/Vello_FreeWave_Wireless_Remote_Shutter.html

Edit: I think it's a wireless cable release i.e. you cannot use it as a wired cable. The provided cable connector is to link the transmitter to the headphone jack on the E-M1.2. But I am not sure - I don't have this remote.

I have this wireless remote for the E-M1 to sell if anyone is interested. Will not work with the E-M1.2 as it uses a different plug:

https://www.amazon.com/RF-902-Wireless-SP-570UZ-SP-560UZ-SP-550UZ/dp/B007VWZVB8

nandadevieast wrote:
Is it wireless? As in, without the cable release?

Edited on Jul 02, 2017 at 08:15 AM · View previous versions

Jul 02, 2017 at 07:21 AM
gary0319
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · wireless remote for OMD-M1

bobbytan wrote:

You do have to make sure that the supplied cable (for use in the wired mode) is the 2.5mm male-to-male stereo jack.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/849272-REG/Vello_FreeWave_Wireless_Remote_Shutter.html

Not sure, but as I recall, the E-M1 mark 1 does not use the stereo-type jack. I think it uses the Olympus proprietary jack.

Jul 02, 2017 at 07:57 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · wireless remote for OMD-M1

That is correct.

gary0319 wrote:
Not sure, but as I recall, the E-M1 mark 1 does not use the stereo-type jack. I think it uses the Olympus proprietary jack.

Jul 02, 2017 at 08:02 AM
nandadevieast
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · wireless remote for OMD-M1

When I say wireless I mean a Canon RC 6 type small remote. It perhaps talks to the camera via IR.

bobbytan wrote:

Edit: I think it's a wireless cable release i.e. you cannot use it as a wired cable. The provided cable connector is to link the transmitter to the headphone jack on the E-M1.2. But I am not sure - I don't have this remote.

I have this wireless remote for the E-M1 to sell if anyone is interested. Will not work with the E-M1.2 as
...Show more

Jul 02, 2017 at 09:38 AM
Bob Kane
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · wireless remote for OMD-M1

nandadevieast wrote:
When I say wireless I mean a Canon RC 6 type small remote. It perhaps talks to the camera via IR.

It WILL (and does) work with the Mark ii. The cord to the camera is like a mini-stereo jack; you probably have three in your junk drawer. Personal experience, not conjecture.

Jul 02, 2017 at 05:59 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.