Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2017 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

You might look at non-photographic bag options. I have a small "shoulder bag" — yeah, the prototypical "man purse," though this one looks more like backpacking gear — that is barely large enough to hold my phone, my XPro2 with prime attached, and one additional lens. Typically this would include the 2mm f/1.4 and the 35mm f/1.4.

This has the additional advantage, especially for urban street photography, of not shouting "CAMERA BAG!"

When carrying a bit more gear I'll take a small messenger bag that has a padded insert added.

Sep 16, 2017 at 04:06 PM
Abuttolph
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Would the One Bowery bag hold a x-t2, 16-55mm, 90mm, 14mm, and a flash? How weather sealed is it? Does not look like it comes with a rain cover, but it certainly looks like a nice bag.

Sep 16, 2017 at 04:47 PM
PeaktoPeek
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I usually just use my 5 million dollar home, but its too big. I have a ton of bags but they were all from when I shot a FF DSLR. With the 5 MDH I can carry the camera and 3 lenses easily.

Sep 16, 2017 at 09:08 PM
Steve Wan
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Abuttolph wrote:
Would the One Bowery bag hold a x-t2, 16-55mm, 90mm, 14mm, and a flash? How weather sealed is it? Does not look like it comes with a rain cover, but it certainly looks like a nice bag.

No.

Sep 19, 2017 at 06:53 PM
Abuttolph
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Steve Wan wrote:
No.

Ok. Thanks.

Sep 19, 2017 at 07:42 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Abuttolph wrote:

I don't think even the Prince Street will be able to hold all that (that's the one I have). I'll give it a shot tomorrow, although I don't have the 14mm. But I can tell you the leather version that I have took the torrential storm that I got stuck in Spain with no issues. Me on the other hand was soaked to the bone.

Edit: I added a quick picture showing (I forgot to set a better aperture) flash, 16-55 f2.8, 90mm & X-T2 with 16mm mounted. No way could all of it fit. The 16-55 just takes up to much room.

Edited on Sep 20, 2017 at 09:47 AM · View previous versions

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:03 PM
ediblestarfish
• •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

X-T2 with 35mm F2, and 16mm F1.4 in the bag. Sometimes add the 23mm f2 if I'm mostly indoors.

I also vote for the Domke F-5XB. Compact enough to be discreet, lightweight. Still looks like a (tiny) camera bag, but at least the waxed canvas version blends into my clothing style in a relatively neutral fashion. Doesn't look too expensive, which for me is a plus. I don't use medium or large shoulder bags as they tire one shoulder out relatively quickly.

Otherwise, for heavier or more numerous gear, I break out the Peak Design Everyday Backpack, 20L. Easy for me to carry this loaded, all day. Can't even add a water bottle to the Domke F-5XB, which makes it more for very casual use.

Sep 20, 2017 at 02:21 AM
Abuttolph
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Edward Castro wrote:
I don't think even the Prince Street will be able to hold all that (that's the one I have). I'll give it a shot tomorrow, although I don't have the 14mm. But I can tell you the leather version that I have took the torrential storm that I got stuck in Spain with no issues. Me on the other hand was soaked to the bone.

Edit: I added a quick picture showing (I forgot to set a better aperture) flash, 16-55 f2.8, 90mm & X-T2 with 16mm mounted. No way could all of it fit. The 16-55 just takes up
...Show more

Thanks for the info and photo. Glad that your dear stayed dry, even when you got soaked!

I ended up finding one of these on ebay for a good price and it will arrive next week. It should hold everything that I need and reviews are very good. Hopefully, I will be as please with it as the other reviewers.
https://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/lily-deanne-mezzo

Sep 20, 2017 at 06:22 PM
roger lund
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I don't carry any Fuji lenses.. Makes it easier...

Nov 07, 2017 at 09:53 AM
noelty

p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I carry my X100F w/ a Gordy camera strap around my neck. My Billingham Hadley contains my X-T2 with 16MM attached and another lens depending upon what I am out shooting.

Nov 14, 2017 at 09:29 AM
stoutvisual
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I just picked up a Tenba Cooper 8, and I’ll admit, it’s even smaller than I expected. That said, I can squeeze my X-T1 with my 23mm 1.4 attached, then stack my 35mm f2 (flipped on it’s side) and 56mm in the other section. You could also easily switch out the 23mm or 56mm for a 16mm. I really like that it’s got top zipper access, so I don’t ever have to open the flap.

Nov 17, 2017 at 11:09 AM
SharonCat...
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I should not have poked my head into this thread. My obsession with camera bags has been superseded lately with learning to use my new Fuji XT2 but now suddenly I MUST HAVE one of those Ona Bowery bags in antique cognac!!!

Hey Santa...

Nov 17, 2017 at 04:16 PM
Moedizzle

p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

SharonCat... wrote:
I should not have poked my head into this thread. My obsession with camera bags has been superseded lately with learning to use my new Fuji XT2 but now suddenly I MUST HAVE one of those Ona Bowery bags in antique cognac!!!

Hey Santa...

You won't be disappointed. It's a great bag and it looks great!

Nov 17, 2017 at 06:24 PM
Mark Andrew

p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I use a lowepro drone bp 200. The top pocket holds a X-T2 and a 35mm up to 60mm lens. The body of the pack holds a lot more than you would think. When I want to travel light I take the 50-140 I used to carry Canon equipment and even with the long telephoto the bag is sleek and light (by comparison).

Nov 17, 2017 at 08:03 PM
wmiller549
• •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Not to be a troll, but I've never understood the fascination with the Think tank retrospective bags. I bought and quickly returned the one I tried. They offer very little padding, almost zero protection from the elements (unless you want to put on its little raincoat) and are very heavy for their size.

On the other hand, the Billingham Hadley small is about the same size as the retro 5, has far better padding, is better made, better looking, MUCH lighter and can handle any inclement weather that mother nature can throw at it.

Think Tank does make one of my very favorite small bags for a two lens kit - the 'Hubba Hubba Hiney'. I probably carry it more than any other bag I own. (and I own an embarrassing number of them).

P.S. I really like the size and design of the ONA Bowery. I tried one of those too, but returned it when my wife showed me one of her Coach handbags that looks almost exactly like it. (Ok - I'm insecure - sue me)

Nov 19, 2017 at 03:03 PM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Yes, I agree. I have a Retrospective 30 and don't like it all. Give me a Billingham any day. TT do seem to be the flavor de jour though don't they?

Nov 30, 2017 at 05:20 PM
drewmey
• •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I guess it is just personal taste. I have always thought that the Billingham bags look fat due to those front pockets. The leather buckles almost make them feel too fashionable. For me, "I never understood the fascination with those Billingham bags" Haha

I like simple because I am a fairly simple person. I don't like modern and I don't like sleek. ThinkTank Retrospective just has a style that I like I guess. To me they are a cross between utilitarian and professional, which is also how I would describe my style (clothing, house, decor, etc.). Bags can be so personal despite the fact the we also care about their usability. If they check both of those boxes, I guess that's all that matters.

Dec 01, 2017 at 12:05 PM
darthalal
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

drewmey wrote:
I guess it is just personal taste. I have always thought that the Billingham bags look fat due to those front pockets. The leather buckles almost make them feel too fashionable. For me, "I never understood the fascination with those Billingham bags" Haha

I like simple because I am a fairly simple person. I don't like modern and I don't like sleek. ThinkTank Retrospective just has a style that I like I guess. To me they are a cross between utilitarian and professional, which is also how I would describe my style (clothing, house, decor, etc.). Bags can be so
...Show more

I really like the looks of my Retrospective 7, which is why I bought it. And it can fit quite a bit of gear for its size, and is pretty comfortable to carry. But am I the only one that has trouble actually getting things out of it? Seems like those side mini-flaps (for rain protection maybe?) just block so much area, it can be tricky to fully utilize the available space. It makes me miss my Peak Design 13" messenger that I sold to get the Retrospective.

Dec 01, 2017 at 03:01 PM
drewmey
• •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

darthalal wrote:
I really like the looks of my Retrospective 7, which is why I bought it. And it can fit quite a bit of gear for its size, and is pretty comfortable to carry. But am I the only one that has trouble actually getting things out of it? Seems like those side mini-flaps (for rain protection maybe?) just block so much area, it can be tricky to fully utilize the available space. It makes me miss my Peak Design 13" messenger that I sold to get the Retrospective.

I've seen where some people just cut them out! If you like it enough for it to be a "lifetime" bag, there should be no concern about retail value. Just slap some fray check on the ends after making the cut.

Dec 01, 2017 at 03:06 PM
pasblues
• • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Sometimes, it's a matter of playing a game of discipline. Go out with one body, one lens and get what I get with the limitations. It's interesting. i once did an entire trip to another country with a Canon 60D and an inexpensive 50mm f1.8 Canon lens because I wasn't sure if I would run into any issues with getting my camera confiscated for any reason - even with me just being a tourist. It was a really fun thing to do. If you shoot a lot, why worry about what you'll miss because you don't have this or that? What about the idea of getting what you get because this is the only equipment you've got?

Dec 04, 2017 at 04:11 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.