Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2017 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

mdude85
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I frequently go out shooting with my X-T2 with a single small lens attached, like a 23 f2, but I often want to carry another one or two lenses with me, like the 35 f2 or 56 f1.2 for some variation. But I often just find myself taking out my entire kit of 5-6 lenses in a messenger bag because putting one extra lens in my pocket is too bulky.

How do you guys go about carrying another small lens with you when you're walking around street shooting? I wonder if people use like a small shoulder bag or slingpack? I'm accustomed to using my Canon gear where every time I head out to shoot I'm lugging 15lb of gear with me which is part of the reason I switched to Fuji

Jun 28, 2017 at 01:46 PM
loosetrucks
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I'm using a small shoulder camera bag to carry my X-T20 with 23 f/2 attached along with my 35 f/2 and sometimes even my 14 f/2.8. Everything fits nicely along with room for other personal items/electronics (notebook, power bank, charging cable, extra camera battery, pocket notebook, pen, and iPad mini.

Here's the one I've got: https://www.onabags.com/store/messenger-bags/the-bowery.html?color=black

Jun 28, 2017 at 02:12 PM
rsk7
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I use a thinktank retrospective 5 when I just want 1 or 2 additional lenses with me.

Jun 28, 2017 at 02:50 PM
drewmey
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

My advice on the "how" part would be to own at least (2) bags. One that carries everything for when you really need it. And another that carries the camera plus 2-3 lenses.

I only own (3) lenses at the moment but it still applies to me for accessories. For example, I own an F-stop Loka with several different insert sizes. When I choose this bag, I can take my filters, tripod, slider, Syrp Genie, Genie Mini...basically anything I want. If I consciously say to myself, "I am going on a more casual walk today", then I pick up my ThinkTank Retrospective 5 and I am physically limited to body, my (3) lenses and cards/small filters. Anything else physically can't fit.

Maybe check out the following:
ThinkTank Retrospective line (5, 6 or 7)
Domke f-5xb, F-2
Peak Design Everyday Sling

Jun 28, 2017 at 03:20 PM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

+1 for the ThinkTank Retrospective line. I just loaded a Retrospective 5 for a week long trip. It contains the following:

Fuji X-T2
Fuji 35/2
Fuji 14/2.8
Olympus OM 21/3.5
Olympus OM 28/3.5
Olympus OM 50/1.4
Olympus OM 100/2.8
Kipon OM-FX tilt-shift adapter
Two polarizers
Spare batteries
Three sizes of screw on lens hoods
Cleaning supplies

It's snug, but it all fits in there and makes a tiny little bag!

Jun 28, 2017 at 03:23 PM
drewmey
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

rdeloe wrote:
+1 for the ThinkTank Retrospective line. I just loaded a Retrospective 5 for a week long trip. It contains the following:

Fuji X-T2
Fuji 35/2
Fuji 14/2.8
Olympus OM 21/3.5
Olympus OM 28/3.5
Olympus OM 50/1.4
Olympus OM 100/2.8
Kipon OM-FX tilt-shift adapter
Two polarizers
Spare batteries
Three sizes of screw on lens hoods
Cleaning supplies

It's snug, but it all fits in there and makes a tiny little bag!

Holy! I can't believe you fit all of that in there haha.

Jun 28, 2017 at 03:26 PM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

They are outstanding bags. I also have a Retrospective 7, but I find it a bit big. I should have grabbed a 6 instead. Oh well. So many bags!

drewmey wrote:
Holy! I can't believe you fit all of that in there haha.

Jun 28, 2017 at 03:57 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I'm surprised you can't figure to how to do that. Plenty of obvious options. Put them in your pocket, a fanny pack, a photo vest, a smaller divided bag (backpack, belt pack, there are thousands of them out there), jacket pocket. Not that hard to do.

Jun 28, 2017 at 04:11 PM
Reagan
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I put them in the pockets of my shorts One in each front pocket

Reagan

Jun 28, 2017 at 08:33 PM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Retrospective 5 for the Camera and up to 3 lenses (one on the camera) though honestly the 5 works best IMO with the XT2 + lens and one more (to avoid having to balance lenses during a lens change).

Cheap canon backpack when I'm carrying more, though I still have the retro because I hate changing lenses from a backpack.

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:07 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Regular kit is XT-2, 16 1/4, 23 1/4, and my new 50 2.0. I have numerous bags of varying size. I grab the one that meets my needs (basic kit;or, flash, filters, larger lens, second body). My 30+ years of shooting has taught me that there isn't one perfect bag for all occasions. I use numerous Think Tank bags and an old Gerald Gear and MP 3 bag.

You have to pick the bag that best fits your needs. I have a couple TT Retrospective bags, but they are a tad heavy too me.

Jun 29, 2017 at 01:22 AM
sputnik
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I usually my lenses in one or two Lowepro Dashpoint 20. http://store.lowepro.com/pouches/dashpoint-20 or a smallish bag such as the Arc'teryx Mistral 8.

Jun 29, 2017 at 07:20 AM
liggy
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

F2 primes are small enough for a pocket. Otherwise a Tumi sling or my favorite camera bag - Wotancraft Scout. Love that bag.

Jun 30, 2017 at 06:29 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

When I am in the streets or traveling with the XT2 I opt for a fixed lens 23/1.4 or 56/1.2 and then either the 18/2 or 27/2.8 in the pocket. It is surprising how you don't need the other lenses.

Jun 30, 2017 at 06:53 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I often have to shoot with two bodies and three lenses during concerts. One lens on each camera. The third lens, on point to your request, is placed in a small climber's chalk bag, which is clipped to my belt loops with two very small carabiners. The critical need on the bag is to have a couple of little loops that can accommodate the carabiners; most have them. The bag has a drawstring closure at the top, which ensures that the lens won't fall out. There's not much padding there, but it does the job very well, with practically no extra bulk. Go to your nearest retailer that sells mountaineering gear and find one that meets your size needs. Mine is a $20.00 prAna bag from REI, here: https://www.rei.com/product/782164/prana-chalk-bag-with-belt Grab a couple of little carabiners, or use the supplied little belt, and you're good to go. Learned this from Dave Black, one of the greatest Olympic (and general) photographers out there.

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:16 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Steve Wylie wrote:
I often have to shoot with two bodies and three lenses during concerts. One lens on each camera. The third lens, on point to your request, is placed in a small climber's chalk bag, which is clipped to my belt loops with two very small carabiners. The critical need on the bag is to have a couple of little loops that can accommodate the carabiners; most have them. The bag has a drawstring closure at the top, which ensures that the lens won't fall out. There's not much padding there, but it does the job very well, with practically
...Show more

Great idea. Sport photographer Dave Black used a small feed bag for quick gear changes.

Jul 01, 2017 at 12:00 AM
lexvo
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I just have different bags for different setups.
Lowepro Dashpoint 30: X-T2 + 27mm (my smallest setup)
Kata Lite 433DL: X-T2 + 1 medium sized lens (mostly 23/1.4 or 18-55)
Lowerpro Nova 140: X-T2 + 2 medium sized lenses + 27mm
Lowepro Nova 160: X-T2 + 3 medium lenses (18-55, 14, 23/1.4 or 60)

And I also have a few bags form my (D)SLR time

Jul 01, 2017 at 04:01 AM
Gene_C
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Tenba DNA 8 is perfect for me for carrying 2 lenses and camera.

Jul 04, 2017 at 06:23 PM
taemo
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

X-T2 + XF 18mm f/2
XF 50mm f/2 in wife's purse

if she's not with me then I might just suck it up and keep one lens in my jacket's pocket.
if it's hot, then I will just use the XF 18mm

Jul 04, 2017 at 08:15 PM
arduluth
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Back pocket in a Contax lens pouch. I'll carry one or two lenses this way. Occasionally three, but it's a pain. I never waste time and space on a camera bag unless it's absolutely necessary.

Jul 05, 2017 at 12:21 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.