Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Induro Tripod Leveling

BPochman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Induro Tripod Leveling

Induro AT214 Tall Tripod Acratech Leveling Base Xtra Center Column Mint

Sold

Price: $195.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: Price net of Priority Mail / FedEx ship (to ConUS) and PayPal Gift (see details in listing)

I have a mint Induro AT214 aluminum tripod with an Acratech Large Leveling base. I used it with Large PC1 Panning clamp that I am keeping. I shoot a lot of real estate exteriors and interiors, as well as Panoramic shots, and I needed the best/fastest/simplest and system (with the most value) I could find.

The tripod is fairly new and has not had a lot of use, as I have other tripods and didn’t need this one very often. It comes with the box, padded case, dual use strap (attaches to bag and directly to tripod), tool kit, and instructions. Specs on the AT214 tripod are 22# Max Load, 65.8” Max Height with standard center column extended / 57.5” without center column extended , 19.5” Min Height (with standard center column), 21.5” Folded length, 4.4 lbs weight (carbon version 3.3 lbs). All noted do not include any head.

I’ve switched over to a Gitzo based system with the leveling built in, so I am passing this one on. I will go over the features and why I set it up the way I did. First off, while it is very solid and not that heavy, it was not intended to be a “travel” set up. It is easy to carry and/or move around and can get pretty high (I’m 6’3”) but it will not tip or move very easily - which was a major factor for me.

I tested different leveling/panning systems and the one I liked most was the Acratech Large leveling base (they do make a standard one but the large one is 77mm in diameter and has a big bubble level that sticks out quite a bit) and the RRS PC1 Panning Clamp.

I would up replacing the RRS PC1 with the Benro PC1, which seemed to be an exact duplicate of the RRS version. I could not tell the difference in performance. They are really big panning clamps, having 60+mm long clamping surfaces, and they match the Acratech Large leveling base perfectly.

The combo worked better than anything else I tested/used - and by quite a bit. I no longer need the Acratech leveling base but am keeping the Benro PC1 panning clamp. The other issue I found is that the combination is a pretty good ball head - as long as you have an L bracket on your body and don’t need more than 10 degrees of ball tilt.

I also needed to use a standard ball head and didn’t want to buy another big tripod, so I bought a second standard (same as the one on the tripod) center column that I could put my biggest ball head on. After that, I could switch them quickly and easily.

Shipping will be by Priority Mail or FedEx Ground (to the continental US only) and payment by PayPal (fee reimbursed) or gift. I don’t mind using the friends/family gift option as FM membership creates an “among friends” ambiance. If regular PayPal is preferred, please add 3.3%.

Final details can be worked out via PM, which I prefer because of the way my email program handles the regular ones without date/time info. I'm retired and around home most of the time, and will respond to most PM's promptly.

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:24 AM
mfitzhenry

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Induro Tripod Leveling

pm and money sent

Jun 29, 2017 at 07:10 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.