Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Oc...

agelessphotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

So it looks like on Adorama for $750 it comes with the transmitter. Any recommendations for an octa box? also we currently use a monopod with a bracket for a SB700, guessing I would need a new bracket and maybe monopod?

Edited on Jun 28, 2017 at 11:43 PM · View previous versions

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:08 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

agelessphotog wrote:
So it looks like on Adorama for $750 it comes with the transmitter. Any recommendations for an octa box? also we currently use a monopod with a bracket for a SB700, guessing I would need a new bracket and maybe monopod?

Cheetah just released some new quick setup Octa's, referred to as SoupBowl and RiceBowl.

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:23 AM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

I was actually thinking about getting this, Adorama gives me a nice discount for doing the bundle. Glow ParaPop 38" Portable Softbox. And this adapter so I can hook it up to the Flashpoint 600
Glow Speed Ring Adapter to Mount Glow ParaPop on Bowens Mount. I think I should be set. It looks like the Flashpoint can screw right into a standard monopod, which I already have. Am I missing anything else?

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:25 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

BigIronCruiser wrote:
Cheetah just released some new quick setup Octa's, referred to as SoupBowl and RiceBowl.
. The primary difference between the two is that the RiceBowl is parabolic.

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:28 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

agelessphotog wrote:
I was actually thinking about getting this, Adorama gives me a nice discount for doing the bundle. Glow ParaPop 38" Portable Softbox. And this adapter so I can hook it up to the Flashpoint 600
Glow Speed Ring Adapter to Mount Glow ParaPop on Bowens Mount. I think I should be set. It looks like the Flashpoint can screw right into a standard monopod, which I already have. Am I missing anything else?

The bulb on the XPLOR600 is quite short, so is it possible that their adapter would prevent the bulb from extending far enough into the Parapop?

The XPLOR600 can be mounted to a standard stud, so it should work okay with most monopods.

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:40 AM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

BigIronCruiser wrote:
The bulb on the XPLOR600 is quite short, so is it possible that their adapter would prevent the bulb from extending far enough into the Parapop?

The XPLOR600 can be mounted to a standard stud, so it should work okay with most monopods.

I'm not sure, i'm a noob with this stuff. But when I went into Xplor600 on Adorama and clicked on Bundle, it was one of the portable softboxes listed, and I seen the glow parapop adapter for Bowens, the 600 uses a Bowens mount. So i'm guessing that's all the stuff I need.

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

Ugghhh the parapop is on backorder, and the adapter.

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:45 AM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

BigIronCruiser wrote:
. The primary difference between the two is that the RiceBowl is parabolic.

So I could get the Cheetah 36" Deep Para Quick RiceBowl with the Bowen, CL-600X, Speed Pro Bracket and I should be good to go? If i'm reading correctly the Parabolic Bowl gives softer light than the Soup bowl?

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:49 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

So why not check out the previously mentioned Cheetah quick setup Octa's? Cheetah, like Adorama, provides excellent customer service.

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:53 AM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

BigIronCruiser wrote:
So why not check out the previously mentioned Cheetah quick setup Octa's? Cheetah, like Adorama, provides excellent customer service.

I kinda wanted to order everything tonight, I may do that tomorrow when they are open though.

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:58 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

agelessphotog wrote:
I kinda wanted to order everything tonight, I may do that tomorrow when they are open though.

Here's a video if you want a little info on the quick Octa's.

Jun 26, 2017 at 04:38 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Want to purchase Flashpoint Xplor 600 please help pick Octabox.

agelessphotog wrote:
So I could get the Cheetah 36" Deep Para Quick RiceBowl with the Bowen, CL-600X, Speed Pro Bracket and I should be good to go? If i'm reading correctly the Parabolic Bowl gives softer light than the Soup bowl?

Cheetah decided to only sell the manual version of the 600. If you want TTl, you will need the Xplor600 from Adorama.

In terms of Octabox softness, there shouldn't be much difference between the Ricebowl and Soupbowl. The bigger difference would be the falloff along the outer edges, where the Ricebowl should have sharper falloff.

Jun 26, 2017 at 08:31 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password