Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Olympus E-M1 Mark II question...

Photo_44

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Olympus E-M1 Mark II question...

I am wanting to purchase the Olympus E-M1 Mark II, along with the Olympus Pro 12-100 lens. My primary use for the camera and lens will be landscapes while hiking. I plan to have the camera mounted on a tripod, using manual focus and ETTR.

My question is does the EVF have enough resolution and contrast to properly manual focus while using the EVF.
In addition, how does the Olympus E-M1 Mark 11 and the Pro 12 -100 lens handle flare, particularly when the sun is low in the horizon. Thanks.

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:22 AM
whumber
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Olympus E-M1 Mark II question...

Photo_44 wrote:
My question is does the EVF have enough resolution and contrast to properly manual focus while using the EVF.

Yeah, you can get up to 14x magnification. Plenty for hitting critical focus.

Photo_44 wrote:
In addition, how does the Olympus E-M1 Mark 11 and the Pro 12 -100 lens handle flare, particularly when the sun is low in the horizon. Thanks.

Flare performance is quite good for such a complicated lens.

Photo_44 wrote:
I am wanting to purchase the Olympus E-M1 Mark II, along with the Olympus Pro 12-100 lens. My primary use for the camera and lens will be landscapes while hiking. I plan to have the camera mounted on a tripod, using manual focus and ETTR.

Unless you're planning to use Hi-Res mode/, uper long exposures, or time lapses a tripod is fairly redundant with that combination.

Jun 26, 2017 at 01:14 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Olympus E-M1 Mark II question...

Doesn't handle flare that well:

http://www.lenstip.com/497.9-Lens_review-Olympus_M.Zuiko_ED_12-100_mm_f_4_IS_PRO_Ghosting_and_flares.html

Check other reviews too.

Jun 26, 2017 at 03:47 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password