Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

TooManyShots
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

I hate the feeling not knowing if I would have a buyer remorse. Currently shooting with a D7000 but the left side of the D button is not working. Is a good camera. It has close to 80k shutter counts on it and I would probably be able to finish this shooting season with it. But the damn ebay has a 10% ebay bucks back and it ends at 12am PT. With this purchase, I just earned $77 ebay bucks. More than enough for a new third party grip and some extra left.

Hopefully once I have this camera in my hand and all my doubts would be gone. It seems like all the money I earned from my photography ending up buying gear.... I try to make it less expensive by selling some gear too. Oh well...... The D7200 should last me for 3 to 4 years, just like my D7000 did....

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:09 PM
nuclearjock
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

You'll be a happy camper. The D7200 is a nice little camera.

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:25 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

^^ Yep, couldn't agree more. Also bought a refurb D7200 awhile back, and am really enjoying using it.

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:06 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

The D7200 blows the D7000 out of the water. Your only remorse will be that you took so long to upgrade.

Jim

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:33 AM
Photozack81
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

JimFox wrote:
The D7200 blows the D7000 out of the water. Your only remorse will be that you took so long to upgrade.

Jim

This guy gets it.

The D7200 is an excellent camera and will remain relevant for a few more years at least.

The D500 of course is faster and has better autofocus, but if you don't need these, the D7200 wins every time.

I still use mine on occasion. The WiFi on the D7200 actually works better than the one on the D500 so there's that as well.

Tip - get you some of the Sandisk Extreme pro 95 mb/sec SD cards. They'll give you unbeatable performance on the D7200, and you'll have a virtually unlimited buffer when shooting on go fast mode. They even work in the D500

Jun 23, 2017 at 01:02 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

Of course your happiness might be dependent on who the eBay seller was. Who was it?

Jun 23, 2017 at 07:54 AM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

ckcarr wrote:
Of course your happiness might be dependent on who the eBay seller was. Who was it?

I think he or she is legit. Is iskhay31 from BigDealking. A lot of refurbished units were out of stocks in many places including BuyDig and Beachcamera when they had the $650 deal...a while back. Maybe 3 weeks ago.

Jun 23, 2017 at 09:27 AM
Coltrane
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

Good luck with your new D7200. The prices have really come down on the refurbished units. I also have the D7000 and will be making the same upgrade as you in the near future.

Jun 23, 2017 at 02:41 PM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

Cadaver wrote:
Good luck with your new D7200. The prices have really come down on the refurbished units. I also have the D7000 and will be making the same upgrade as you in the near future.

Depends...it went down to $650 few weeks ago (it makes you wonder why?). The price has been somewhat stable around $750 to $800 right now. I thought yesterday was the right time to buy since I was getting back $77 ebay bucks from the purchase. Otherwise, I think the price was a little high without the ebay bucks. Will put the ebay bucks toward a grip....and maybe some Sandisk pro extreme SD cards.

The D7200 is coming in on Monday..

Jun 23, 2017 at 02:50 PM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

Just got it about an hour ago. Wow...is sooo much nicer. For one thing, the AF back button, which is the AEL/AFL button, can now activate VC on my Tamron 70-200 vc. Not sure about the D7100, with the D7000, only the shutter button could activate the OS or VC...which is ridiculously pathetic. Heheheheheehe.... The body is slightly bigger and has a deeper grove on the grip than the D7000. The shutter sound sounds like a REAL camera now.

Is a Nikon factory refurbished unit with a 90 day warranty from Nikon. It has 1069 shutter counts.

Jun 26, 2017 at 04:12 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

I have a D7100 and am having a very hard time convincing myself a D7200 is worth the price.

Jun 26, 2017 at 04:54 PM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

The ability to activate your VR or OS using the back button would be a game changer for me...I didn't know that. And very few people mentioned it..... When I switched to Nikon, D7000, 4 years ago from Canon, I largely missed that. I couldn't figure out why my OS or VC can't be activated by pressing the AEL/AFL back button. Instead, I have to half press the shutter button and then pressing the back button to take the shot if I need to have the OS or VC turned on. I shoot tons of cycling photography but having the VC or OS on "can" be useful to steady my focusing point.

I have a bike race to shoot tomorrow evening and I have to see if an activated VC would interfere with my shots.

I just tested the burst speed in raw, 14bit, and compressed setting. 16 shots buffer and 1 fps after the buffer is filled up, using a 90mb/s SD card. So far, my Sigma 17-70 OS C lens requires no AF tune and pretty sharp wide open under 17mm. In the D7000, the lens tends to front focus and 17mm wide open was kind of soft.

Jun 26, 2017 at 05:17 PM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

Eeeeh....just shot a bike race with the D7200. Wow, the AF accuracy and speed are phenomenal..at least over my D7000. Plenty of keepers. The shots are either in focus or 95% in focus.....or missing the focus because of user errors. I don't get shots with misplaced focus point or the camera decided to do something stupid like focusing on the wrong rider behind. The camera was even able to nail the focus of a flying tern seagull and all I have was a Tamron 70-200 vc.

I also feel that I didn't need to take a handful of shots to get one shot in focus. Usually, the first shot would do. And the AF C focusing does not have the tendency to keep racking back and fore. Generally, as long as the subject and you are moving, the camera does not try to acquire the focus again.

Obviously, the image quality is excellent...very clean and clear with little noise and very sharp with great contrast and color.

Jun 27, 2017 at 09:25 PM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Ah...just ordered a D7200 refurbished...

Wow..this is just crazy. I just received my Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB SD card. I am getting continuous 31 shots at 5 fps under RAW, 14bit, and compressed. After 31 shots, the camera shows signs of buffer being filled up and continued to shoot at 2 fps, instead 5 fps.

Jul 08, 2017 at 01:44 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.