FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

is this fungus?

Mathieu18
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · is this fungus?

Good deal, hope you find a good one, I miss mine. If you end up keeping two drop me a line...

Dustin Gent wrote:
you are right. he states that he cannot provide a label, and at this point won't pay more than the $39 he charged in the first place. eBay states he HAS to...

anyways, it is funny how things work out. Someone has this lens for sale on the forums - so i am going to buy that one! All this heartache....

Jun 30, 2017 at 03:33 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · is this fungus?

I will. If, for some reason I end up the lens, I may just get it "fixed".

Jun 30, 2017 at 04:31 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · is this fungus?

starlights wrote:
In such cases either the seller pays you upfront for return shipping or provides a prepaid label. If seller doesn't respond then eBay will let you keep the item and still issue a full refund (you have to open a return case for item not as described)

this is EXACTLY what happened to me today! He paid for part of the return shipping last night, the case closed this morning in my favor.

I called eBay to see if i am all good, or if i need to refund the guy any money he sent me in a feeble attempt to return shipping to him, and they said he appealed the case but lost; and the case is now closed and no further action needs to be taken.

i REALLY APPRECIATE all the help i received! Tri Tran sold me his excellent condition 35-70 3.4 i received yesterday, and now i have this other lens as well. Might see how much it will cost for a shop to look at it and see if they can fix it. I am going to takeout on my trip (both versions) on Thursday and see if i can see an IQ difference.

Jul 04, 2017 at 10:15 PM
starlights
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · is this fungus?

Dustin Gent wrote:
this is EXACTLY what happened to me today! He paid for part of the return shipping last night, the case closed this morning in my favor.

I called eBay to see if i am all good, or if i need to refund the guy any money he sent me in a feeble attempt to return shipping to him, and they said he appealed the case but lost; and the case is now closed and no further action needs to be taken.

i REALLY APPRECIATE all the help i received! Tri Tran sold me his excellent condition 35-70 3.4 i
...Show more

I feel bad for the seller but he/she had it coming. Dishonesty can only get one so far (mostly). Glad it worked out for you. I have had some bad experiences on eBay both as buyer and as seller but they are insignificant compared to the good ones. Happy to be of help.

Jul 05, 2017 at 03:14 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · is this fungus?

So update on this, as the dust has settled and all cases are now closed.
Right now i have two copies of this lens. I am selling the one I bought from Tri Tran. Took the ebay lens to a local repair specialty shop, and they said it can be cleaned for $125. So i am going to go that route. Guess it wasn't fungus after all, but what an ordeal that lasted almost 2 months.

Aug 12, 2017 at 10:57 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password