New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sony & Canon users

ifxbonz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony & Canon users

Does anyone have any options for a cable release that will function with both cameras. I realizeI will need t cords , but I'm looking for one trigger release. If I get intervalometer and other options thats a plus, but I mainly shoot bracketed exposures with and without ND filters.

Andy

Jun 21, 2017 at 02:05 PM
- MS -
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony & Canon users

I recommend the Hahnel Giga Pro
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/852088-REG/hahnel_HL_HWGIGA_C_Giga_T_Pro_II.html

I first bought it when I used Nikon, I got a Canon cable when I switched to Canon and a Sony cable when I switched to Sony.

I contacted the manufacturer/seller in Ireland and they provided the cable for free.
Excellent Customer Support.

Jun 21, 2017 at 02:42 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony & Canon users

I am not aware of a common cable for both Sony and Canon cameras. Pixel TW 283 for Canon DSLR and buy a separate cable CL-S2 for Sony A7RII, A6000. The trick is then to buy an extra adapter (look up Monoprice PID:7126, JX 16206B) to connect the CL-S2 cable to the Pixel Receiver which takes a larger 3.5mm jack. The adapter is about $3. Works for me. The whole enchilada costs about $30 and is a fraction of the price you pay for the similar looking Vello remotes.

Jun 23, 2017 at 05:37 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.