New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Camping in Yellowstone.

Tapeman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Camping in Yellowstone.

We will be there last week of June. (4days)

Any suggestions about "Must see spots"?

Thanks in advance.

Jun 21, 2017 at 05:35 PM
tntcorp
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Camping in Yellowstone.

should post question in "trip location advice & meet up" forum for more responses.

Jun 21, 2017 at 05:57 PM
MTguy
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Camping in Yellowstone.

I live not far from there and never have too much of an agenda when people come to visit. Hit up old faithful and my personal favorite is the "grand canyon of the yellowstone". Have fun!

Jun 21, 2017 at 05:57 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Camping in Yellowstone.

Remember, campers in sleeping bags are just soft tacos in a bears world

Jun 21, 2017 at 07:45 PM
ChrisAttebery
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Camping in Yellowstone.

Is this your first trip? If so I'd break the park into four quadrants (SW, NW, WE, SE) and explore each for a day. That's basically what we did on our first visit.

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:24 PM
Abbott Schindl
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Camping in Yellowstone.

There's a very recent thread on Yellowstone photo sites in the Trip Location forum. There are also several older, but still useful threads there.

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:30 PM
stanj
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Camping in Yellowstone.

There is a Trip Location forum?!? When did that happen?

Jun 22, 2017 at 02:13 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Camping in Yellowstone.

stanj wrote:

huh .. i just noticed it too .... could be useful for summer vacations

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Jun 22, 2017 at 06:40 PM
jakepfaster

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Camping in Yellowstone.

Was there last week of May. Be sure to take FireHole Lake Dr. North of Old Faithful. Some close up looks at many geysers and hot springs. We also enjoyed NE Entrance road, and the Drive through Lamar Valley, beautiful vistas, and abundant wild life.

Jun 23, 2017 at 06:44 PM
hotdog12
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Camping in Yellowstone.

I'd try cross-posting in the "Landscape and Travel Photography" section of DPreview, or do a search there. LOTS of posts on Yellowstone and the nearby Tetons.

Jun 23, 2017 at 06:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

castlekeeper01
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Camping in Yellowstone.

Just general stuff - Yellowstone is one of the most target rich environments in the world. You will not be able to cover it all in 4 days. Having said that, as a tourist for sure shoot Old Faithful - it's exciting just to be there and watch it blow. After that just read the park maps and follow your curiosity. Do think about the sun/shadows - some of the major attractions are only easily accessible from one direction. I find polarized and ND filters essential.
Some love to shoot mist rising off hot pools or the weird colored moss, lichens and rocks. If wildlife is your thing ask a park ranger where your bucket list critters have recently been sighted. Wild flowers bloom at varying times/places - also good to ask as their peak days vary from year to year. The big animals roam and can show up just about anywhere, so be prepared. Whatever you do - please respect the wildlife. It's not our park - It's their home.

Enjoy - you'll get once in a lifetime shots & lots of memories.

Jun 26, 2017 at 05:29 PM
therealthings
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Camping in Yellowstone.

tntcorp wrote:
should post question in "trip location advice & meet up" forum for more responses.

If that worked. I monitored that forum for a while now and the responses on questions are limited (to state it nicely). The reason people use that board is because they have a question, and the ones who have the answers need to come from those that have a question themselves that they posted there. No need for most to look there. In my eyes, that forum does not work if you need answers quickly, so i understand the question landed here instead in the trip location forum.

If you don't have any specific questions about photography for a location, i would suggest using the tripadvisor forums. I get quick responses there usually.

Jun 26, 2017 at 05:59 PM
tntcorp
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Camping in Yellowstone.

stanj wrote:

below link:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/51

Jun 26, 2017 at 08:49 PM
tntcorp
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Camping in Yellowstone.

therealthings wrote:
If that worked. I monitored that forum for a while now and the responses on questions are limited (to state it nicely). The reason people use that board is because they have a question, and the ones who have the answers need to come from those that have a question themselves that they posted there. No need for most to look there. In my eyes, that forum does not work if you need answers quickly, so i understand the question landed here instead in the trip location forum.

If you don't have any specific questions about photography for a location, i
...Show more

responses from the forum came from either local folks or people who had travelled there before. i received useful advices from well known locals from my querries for the swest.

Jun 26, 2017 at 08:53 PM
jdc562
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Camping in Yellowstone.

Jefferson wrote:
Remember, campers in sleeping bags are just soft tacos in a bears world

Regarding your camping plans, this isn't just a joke. Are you aware that many (all?) campgrounds in the Yellowstone area only allow "hardside" camping. This means only camping in RVs, hardside campers, and hardside trailers. Because of bears, no camping is allowed in tents, nor in soft-side pop-ups.

Jun 26, 2017 at 09:30 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Camping in Yellowstone.

jdc562 wrote:
Regarding your camping plans, this isn't just a joke. Are you aware that many (all?) campgrounds in the Yellowstone area only allow "hardside" camping. This means only camping in RVs, hardside campers, and hardside trailers. Because of bears, no camping is allowed in tents, nor in soft-side pop-ups.

Madison is advertised by NPS as one of the largest camp grounds and it allows tents.

Jun 26, 2017 at 11:39 PM
Greg Campbell
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Camping in Yellowstone.

Assuming the OP is still lurking....

"What are your interests?"

Jun 27, 2017 at 04:56 AM
therealthings
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Camping in Yellowstone.

tntcorp wrote:
responses from the forum came from either local folks or people who had travelled there before. i received useful advices from well known locals from my querries for the swest.

It really depends on location. I have seen questions unanswered for weeks.

Jun 27, 2017 at 06:15 AM
tntcorp
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Camping in Yellowstone.

therealthings wrote:
It really depends on location. I have seen questions unanswered for weeks.

just curious as to the location you were asking about?

Jun 27, 2017 at 03:21 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password