FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Digital images of backdrops for bridal

ronrandle
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Digital images of backdrops for bridal

Our bride from last weekend asked us to do a full length photo of her in her dress at the church and while the photo is well lit, the background was awful. We've used retouchup.com in the past to clean up our images but I think we need to provide the digital image to be used as the background if we do a background swap

I've looked at Getty and iStock of course, but I can't seem to find a digital hi-res resource for classic style mottled backgrounds similar to the super-quick hack job I did below

Any thoughts?

Thanks, in advance

Ron

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:53 AM
formula4speed
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Digital images of backdrops for bridal

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/painted-canvas-muslin-fabric-cloth-studio-355948619?src=QUNPcHvgjKnOoG6cbFHoLw-1-8

Like that?

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:23 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Digital images of backdrops for bridal

Seems Ironic!

Back in the day, just after electricity when things were still done on film, I painted up a similar toned background on a half roll of paper and used to take that and a studio head with me to the brides home and also set it up at the reception.

I did some pics of the bride, bridesmaids, parents and with grandparents etc at the house and some couples shots at the reception. I painted the background myself and when I set it up, it looked like complete and utter shit. No other way to say it.
When I photographed it, it looked awesome.

Couples would come back expecting some sort of horror but when they saw the pics they were amazed and as old fashioned and even out of date as it was back then, the classic and timeless nature of such backgrounds and the focus it put on the subjects always shone through and people bought them. A LOT of them.

The biggest twist was the recommendations I got for being Different in doing something old school that no one else at the time was doing which made it trendy.
Fashion is such a fickle beast!

For what it looks like you are wanting, just make your own backdrop in Photoshop.
You'll probably find that's how these digital backgrounds were created anyway.
Start with a nice big image size and elements and effects till you get what you want.
You can load textures and brushes etc from the net and add them in to create a look you like.
It's a bit of playing round but not at all hard. Even I have manage it many times.

You can also just google Digital or greenscreen backgrounds under images and set the min res you want and go from there. If you find something red and you want brown, just change it in PS. The textures, vignetting etc will all be the same, just change the color.

My Daughter is in Paris atm and I told her to remember to get good shots that we can use as green screen backgrounds for event and Photobooth work. I often take pics of scenery and architecture for this reason now and it works well.

Jun 21, 2017 at 05:50 PM
J.Andrew

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Digital images of backdrops for bridal

ronrandle wrote:
Our bride from last weekend asked us to do a full length photo of her in her dress at the church and while the photo is well lit, the background was awful. We've used retouchup.com in the past to clean up our images but I think we need to provide the digital image to be used as the background if we do a background swap

I've looked at Getty and iStock of course, but I can't seem to find a digital hi-res resource for classic style mottled backgrounds similar to the super-quick hack job I did below

Any thoughts?

Thanks, in advance

Ron

Ron. I have used the digital background series from photobacks.com for my green screen images. They have a ton along with an old masters series. Lots of choices and work great. Hope that helps!

-Jay

Jun 21, 2017 at 06:20 PM
ronrandle
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Digital images of backdrops for bridal

Thanks, everyone!! Between Shutterstock.com and Photobacks.com, I'm all set.

Jun 22, 2017 at 09:50 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Digital images of backdrops for bridal

Very nice background and image !

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:19 AM
ronrandle
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Digital images of backdrops for bridal

jmraso wrote:
Very nice background and image !

Thanks, JMRaso, I'll share the final when it's completed.

Jun 22, 2017 at 08:07 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.