Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Leica M6 0.85, Collapsible Summicron

abefettig

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Leica M6 0.85, Collapsible Summicron

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Leica M6 classic, 0.85 finder, made in Germany

Withdrawn

Price: $1,275.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Mail.

UPDATE: Price dropped to only $1275!

Leica M6 classic (not TTL), black, 0.85 viewfinder, made in Germany. This is a pretty rare combination of attributes, which will make this the perfect Leica M for someone who prefers the ergonomics and reliability of the classic M6 and wants an 0.85 magnification finder.

Serial number 2432438. Very clean condition and smooth operation. Film advance very smooth, finder bright, rangefinder clear. Rangefinder patch seems aligned, and shutter speeds and meter seem accurate, although I haven't had these professionally tested.

This is a gorgeous camera. I gave it a thorough looking over and I can report the following minor cosmetic blemishes: typical finish wear on bottom plate and rewind crank, red painted dot on lens release button worn, wear on battery cover (replacements are easily found if this bothers you), and a few tiny bubbles in the finish on the top plate.

Priced to sell! Price includes PayPal fees and free Priority Mail shipping in the USA.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Leica M2, recent YYE CLA, great user

Sold

Price: $640.00
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks

This has been my personal camera for the past six months. It got a full CLA from Youxin Ye last fall. Shutter speeds accurate, viewfinder clear, RF patch has good contrast and is aligned, film advance is nice and smooth. It's a really satisfying camera to use: the sound of the shutter and film advance always puts a smile on my face after I take a shot.

I had a couple of upgrades made to this camera, which are helpful particularly if you wear glasses. The viewfinder mask has been upgraded to the M4-style rounded mask instead of the M2 rectangular mask. And I've added a rubber protector on the viewfinder window (from DAG) so it won't scratch your glasses. Finally, I replaced the damaged vulcanite with black Griptac from cameraleather.com. Personally I love the Griptac and find it to be a significant upgrade - it makes the camera easier to grip, and somehow feel lighter because it's doesn't feel like it's going to fall out of your hands. I highly recommend it. Should you find that Griptac isn't your thing, the hard work of removing the damaged vulcanite has already been done, so it's easy to peel off this cover and replace it with a new one of your choice.

Cosmetically this is in user condition. It hasn't been abused, but it has various marks, finish wear, and small dings. It has a couple of maintenance stickers inside the film door showing that it was serviced by a Cape Cod camera shop in the 80's. There are a couple of dings and a subtle dent near the rewind crank. Also, there's a speck of dust inside the viewfinder window, visible from the front of the camera but not visible while looking through the viewfinder (it must have crept in there, or been stuck somewhere inside he camera and come loose, after the CLA). Finally, the red and black part of the film dial in back is a DAG replacement vinyl decal instead of the original metal decal.

None of the above matters at all if you're planning to shoot with it. I've priced it according to the cosmetic condition. I don't think you'll find a better deal on an M2 that's CLA'd and ready to shoot.

Price includes PayPal fees and free Priority Mail shipping in the USA.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Bessa R4M

Sold

Price: $430.00

Bessa R4m in very good condition. Some scratches on bottom plate, only minor wear elsewhere. Meter is accurate (when compared to other light meters I have), shutter speeds and RF patch seem accurate but have been professionally tested. Amazing viewfinder for wide angle lenses 21-35mm.

Priced to sell! Price includes PayPal fees and free Priority Mail shipping in the USA.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Leica Collapsible Summicron 50mm f/2, M-mount, issues

Withdrawn

Price: $180.00
Item condition: 6 Useable, but has considerable optical or mechanical imperfections

Leica collapsible Summicron 50mm f/2.0, M-mount, serial number 1203483. Has some issues. Corrosion on barrell, scratches on front element, fungus marks on internal elements, and an area of what I think is balsam separation along the side of one of the internal elements. See picture of a flashlight shining through it. Sent to Youxin Ye for a CLA last fall, and he made the focus and aperture nice and smooth, but wasn't able to fix the issues with the glass. Could be a good lens, or not, depending on what you're planning to do with it. Probably great for portraits, not so great for capturing sharp details wide open with strong backlighting. Includes front cap and a beater rear caps.

Priced to sell, or make me an offer to include this lens with one of the above bodies. Price includes PayPal fees and free Priority Mail shipping in the USA.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Pentacon Six TL medium format camera with Zeiss Jena 80mm/2.8 lens

Sold

Price: $250.00

Pentacon Six medium format camera. Previous owner had this CLA'd, and it's worked perfectly for me. Shutter spacing isn't perfectly consistent, but frames have been spaced well enough to not cause problems. Shutter speeds sound good, and results have been well exposed on negative film. Viewfinder is bright and clear, other than some typical dust. Lens glass is excellent, and this lens takes beautiful pictures.

Cosmetically it's in good condition, except for some of the leather that's starting to peel. I was originally planning to re-glue the peeling leather, but it's never bothered me when shooting so I never got around to it.

Selling only because I don't use it enough and I'm reducing my gear to a more minimalist kit. These seem to go for around $300 these days, so I'm pricing this one to sell at $250. I'll also include a neck strap that includes $20 strap lugs that I had to order from Germany. Plus, I'll throw in a grab bag of 5 rolls of medium format film (mix of color and black and white). Price includes PayPal fees, and free Priority Mail shipping in the USA.

Leica M6 (more pictures available by request)

Collapsible Summicron 50mm f/2 with a flashlight shining through it

Collapsible Summicron 50mm f/2

Edited on Jun 30, 2017 at 09:08 AM · View previous versions

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:58 PM
flyingpalm
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Leica M6 0.85, Collapsible Summicron

tag for SIX.

Jun 21, 2017 at 09:13 AM
stompyq
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Leica M6 0.85, Collapsible Summicron

Crap... how did I miss that pentacon??

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:19 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.