FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Dust on Sensor Analysis

dgdg
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Dust on Sensor Analysis

jcolwell wrote:
Before getting into Vswabs, I used a sort of large Q-tip with thin sheet-foam wrapped around the head. It was a product from the health-care sector. The foam wrapping prevented leaving stuff behind on the sensor, and provided a bit more cushioning than a simple cotton or whatever head (through which the stick can sometimes poke).

They worked really well, but once I couldn't get them anymore locally, I had to switch. The're probably still available online (they were then, but the prices were stupid). Anyway, here's the info that I have on them...

begin{swab.info}

Characteristics Cat. No. Qty. Price
Swab,
...Show more

What a great idea.
The diameter is small compared to a full sized sensor swab though. Guess it is more of a spot treatment? What fluid did you use with it if any?
Next you'll be telling us about how to best use a foam peanut.

Jun 21, 2017 at 09:29 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Dust on Sensor Analysis

Older cameras used to get dust that adhered strongly, more like glued on, and I've had to use 5 or even more wet swabs to clean them. My newer bodies seldom require anything more than a rocket blower.

If I do have to use a swab, I plan on using 3-5, so its not cheap.

Jun 21, 2017 at 09:46 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Dust on Sensor Analysis

Geez, just use Q-tips, artist's brush, or Lenspen, then blow with a regular blower.

It is not rocket science.

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:00 PM
LinuxHack3r
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Dust on Sensor Analysis

I decided to stop obsessing over the decision so much and just take the plunge. I suspect that it isn't top quality but it is well reviewed on Amazon. I purchased this, gets here Saturday:

http://amzn.to/2sXzhLz

Between the company's "SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Backed with Digital Goja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee." and Amazon's customer focused policies, I would say I can get my money back if it doesn't impress me.

Also, the "Lens Tissue Paper" and microfiber cloths are a nice added bonus. Figured both of those would be excellent to throw in my bag for lenses.

Jun 22, 2017 at 07:22 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.