New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · D500 settings

eltano
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D500 settings

I got the camera 4 days taking a 3 weeks vacation in Europe.

Most of the time I use Aperture mode, very seldom Shutter mode, with a Nikon 17-55.

Now that I'm going thru the pics (about 2k of them) I see that I've been all over with my settings (my fault).

Any recommendations on what settings are the best?

My pics are most of them Landscape, others are with family members.

I like to mention that the lens is giving issues, since sometimes it refused to focus, no even after powering off the camera, removing the lens and cleaning the contacts.

I even took it to a photographic place, and the guy told me that he does not see any issues with the contacts, that I might need to send the lens to Nikon (I'm thinking about APS).

Any advice would be appreciate it.

Cheers

Eltano

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:25 AM
eltano
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D500 settings

WOW!!! no a single reply or comment.

Oh well.

Jun 20, 2017 at 07:42 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D500 settings

There is that crazy battery problem. Be sure to use the battery that shipped with it. You don't specify if this camera is new or used. Which would affect cost and tactics of repair.

As for "settings" not sure if your interest is in better exposure or what?

Jun 20, 2017 at 07:57 PM
eltano
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D500 settings

BNIB camera, it came with a OEM battery and a spare Watson, that only lasted maybe 20 or 30 pics and died on me.

I'm always trying to take well exposure pics, and tack sharp as possible.

LR is my best friend, but if the settings are not correct, no matter what you do on LR, there is no much that I can do about it.

Regards

Eltano

Jun 20, 2017 at 08:17 PM
Photozack81
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D500 settings

Settings depend on the circumstances. There's no way for anyone to just say here, try this. Regarding the battery, the D500 wants Li-ion20 EN-EL15. I haven't heard anything good about third party batteries.

I recommend Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson, or Stunning Digital Photography by Tony Northrup.

Both will give you a solid understanding of the basics of camera operation, and get you pointed in the right direction.

Jun 21, 2017 at 04:28 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.