New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2017 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

chiron
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

The A7RII is again at $2199 on eBay. It is an imported camera with a one year seller warranty. The seller is something like "departmentstore_nyc", which has 99.1% positive reviews on thousands of sales. For people like me, who live in NYS, they charge tax, which adds several hundred dollars to the price and makes the deal less appealing. But for others...

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:36 PM
kevindar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

yup, and 10% (max 100) coupons/ ebay cash back going around.
Meanwhile the price of used ones are as much as 2350 on buy and sell forum. go figure.

Jun 19, 2017 at 05:39 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

How does eBay cash back work?

Jun 19, 2017 at 09:06 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

chiron wrote:

its usually 1%. However, sometimes they have up to 10%. if you receive the link in your account, you can use it.
At the end of each quarter they issue you a certificate which is good for a month to use on ebay, towards other purchases

I just bought the import version of a6300 with the lens, brand new for 820, also had a 8% or 10% (dont remember) cash back for another say 70 bucks of ebay credit. paid with my credit card, through paypal, protected, free shipping etc, received it 3 days later.

There is a seller who is asking for 995 for the same camera and lens USED on buy and sell forum. Just cracks me up.

Jun 19, 2017 at 09:57 PM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

chiron wrote:

It's pretty simple, in my experience:

1. You get an email/ebay message with the temporary higher rate (8 or 10% are the best these days), and click on it to activate it.
2. You find an eligible item (almost anything you buy via Ebay US), and it say something near the price about how much you'll get back.
3. You purchase, and about a month later the cashback hits your ebay account. You have some amount of time to use it-- a month or possibly two on a follow-up ebay purchase.

I've used it twice on Zeiss Batis lenses. But each time I had a purchase worth as much as the cashback value that I intended to make once the cashback hit my account. It's not really worth it if you get the money back and then make a purchase you had no desire to make-- in that case it's less like cash back and more like a free gift of whatever item you end up buying just to use up the cashback.

It's a shame it doesn't persist for a year or longer like most credit card rewards persist.

Jun 20, 2017 at 02:51 AM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

I have bought a lot on eBay and never encountered the 8/10% cashback. I get the 1% or so all the time.

Jun 20, 2017 at 04:15 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

SoundHound wrote:
I have bought a lot on eBay and never encountered the 8/10% cashback. I get the 1% or so all the time.

I get it all the time-- seemingly every month or two (but that's recollection, not me actually checking to confirm). Usually only for 24 hours, but sometimes up to 48/72.

Jun 20, 2017 at 08:50 AM
genji
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

Interesting. In all the years I've been using eBay's Australian site I've never received a cashback offer. Instant discounts between 10% and 20% are not uncommon though.

justruss wrote:
It's pretty simple, in my experience:

1. You get an email/ebay message with the temporary higher rate (8 or 10% are the best these days), and click on it to activate it.
2. You find an eligible item (almost anything you buy via Ebay US), and it say something near the price about how much you'll get back.
3. You purchase, and about a month later the cashback hits your ebay account. You have some amount of time to use it-- a month or possibly two on a follow-up ebay purchase.

I've used it twice on Zeiss Batis lenses. But each time I
...Show more

Jun 20, 2017 at 06:14 PM
trogdon
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

Been using eBay for about 6 years, have gotten none of these offers you guys mentioned. They sound pretty nice right about now

Jun 20, 2017 at 06:45 PM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

genji wrote:
Interesting. In all the years I've been using eBay's Australian site I've never received a cashback offer. Instant discounts between 10% and 20% are not uncommon though.

I think the eBay cashback is largely an eBay US feature. When I log into my account via the US vs German eBay Websites (obviously same login info; like Amazon)-- I get the offer in one, and not the other.

Jun 21, 2017 at 01:27 AM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

just got a 10% coupon today. 2100 after the cash back for a new one. tempting.

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM
naiduk
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

Consider support from sony , i had very bad experience with nikon for buying grey market camera from nikon.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:29 PM
realVivek
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

Just what kind of support do you get on an used (out of warranty) camera? The "grey" prices are crushing the used sales.

naiduk wrote:
Consider support from sony , i had very bad experience with nikon for buying grey market camera from nikon.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:53 PM
krugorg
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

I recently picked up a US model from an authorized dealer via Greentoe for $2499.

Jun 21, 2017 at 01:04 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

Nikon and Sony support has historically been poor though it may have improved. Nikon as notorious for blaming impact damage for any item under warranty and charge for it. I have also not heard great things about Sony support. It is certainly worth something though. However many of used cameras are out of warranty anyways. And more expensive than a new gray market

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:28 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

realVivek wrote:
Just what kind of support do you get on an used (out of warranty) camera? The "grey" prices are crushing the used sales.

Nikon would not fix grey market products even for full price on repairs and they reused to sell ANY parts to independent shops. Sony will repair grey market for a charge. Also, the Sony repair shops are all independent shops at this point--so the repairs can be sent directly to them. Finally, the grey market stuff comes with a "seller warranty". I have not heard about service under these one way or another.

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:45 PM
naiduk
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

If you buy at least usa version used using PayPal you have option for buying square trade warranty, even with out this still sony service this as it's marketed for usa....For grey market also it offer but sony won't accept for repair even if you ready for paying.
realVivek wrote:

Jun 22, 2017 at 06:32 AM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

naiduk wrote:
If you buy at least usa version used using PayPal you have option for buying square trade warranty, even with out this still sony service this as it's marketed for usa....For grey market also it offer but sony won't accept for repair even if you ready for paying.

I believe Sony does repair grey market for a charge through their independent repair centers--it is Nikon that does not. Also, the grey markets come with a year's warranty through the seller.

Jun 22, 2017 at 06:35 AM
coase
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

chiron wrote:
I believe Sony does repair grey market for a charge through their independent repair centers--it is Nikon that does not. Also, the grey markets come with a year's warranty through the seller.

If you can get grey market repaired for a fee then a new import should totally dominate any used out of warranty camera. No used A7Rii should sell for more than $2100 even in mint nearly unused condition unless it's still under warranty.

Jun 22, 2017 at 08:36 AM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · A7RII (import) is $2199 again on eBay

coase wrote:
If you can get grey market repaired for a fee then a new import should totally dominate any used out of warranty camera. No used A7Rii should sell for more than $2100 even in mint nearly unused condition unless it's still under warranty.

I think that is about where used A7rII cameras are selling. There is still a bit of a premium for USA models because of the need with the import models to reset the video nag screen and the box and materials often being in another language. Also, the imports are not always available for $2199--it seems to come and go.

Actually, grey market new cameras are always sold with a seller's warranty, but I am not at all sure what the quality of the these warranties is. I guess it would depend on the particular seller.

Jun 22, 2017 at 08:42 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.