Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Slides II

Slide scans.

Jun 18, 2017 at 10:16 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Slides II

Don't take this the wrong way and I wasn't saying anything the first time, but you should read the forum guidelines. It is strongly encouraged that people post no more than five images maximum in a post. That's because this is a presentation board. What you probably would, or should notice if you look at other participants postings, is that most participants post only one image (perhaps their best of the week) that they want to showcase. Sometimes two or three, but most are around one. So when you start posting more than five, and not playing by the rules, then it becomes a turn off for many who might have commented before, but now they just move on because they first off, don't know what you want, and also they need to look at other participants images.

So, here is a link to the landscape forum rules and guidelines, since it is hard to find.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/landscape.htm

So out of these, they are all way too similar to me. I would have just picked one or two... And titled them something more interesting, to help the viewer think "What's this photographer trying to show me?"

Jun 18, 2017 at 01:12 PM
KZEE

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Slides II

Thanks for weighing in. Although I myself like it when forum participants post lots of images in their threads and I don't at all mind if the images are similar to each other, none-the-less if you find that sort of thing offensive then I will refrain from doing so in the future.

Cheers.

Jun 18, 2017 at 03:22 PM
Chance2
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Slides II

I think the second, third, and fifth here are quite nice, scans or otherwise. Although I think the third could use a bit of counterclockwise rotation.

I would like to know something about the photos though, or just see them along with a title (even "Untitled Ocean 1" would be fine). Telling people they're scans, or just that they're from a certain camera, or that you were really tired when you took the picture(s), as some here do, really does nothing for me.

You have some good stuff here, but I think others include camera information because they're really not confident in what they're sharing, and that ultimately affects the viewing experience.

I think you would be better off displaying these in smaller groupings also, or by themselves, not just because it's against the rules, but because they're more "fine art" type images, which command a bit more time to interpret.

That's my two cents. I hope that makes sense. No offense intended!

Jun 18, 2017 at 03:35 PM
KZEE

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Slides II

Thanks for the feedback Chance2. I normally do include pertinent information when I post images, but the story behind the slides that I've been posting is kind of complicated so I didn't include any info. The images are mainly of sunrises over Lake Michigan that I took in 2000 from the shore in S.E. Wisconsin with a Canon A1 through either FD 50mm 1.4 or 28mm 2.8 lenses. I've had the slides sitting around for years and wanted to share them so I bought a used Nikon Coolscan V and scanned the slides and then posted some of them here. I've got a bunch more slides that I'd like to post, but perhaps this is the wrong venue for displaying large quantities of images so I'll be respectful and refrain from posting anymore.

Cheers.

Jun 18, 2017 at 07:26 PM
SergeyT
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Slides II

Please don't take it too hard. These are very nice images and quite different from what is typically posted here...Keep them coming and if you feel uncomfortable doing it on this board here is another option : https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/658112

Jun 27, 2017 at 04:32 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.