New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

Zerga
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

anyone bought from them? Do I get body only wrapped in plastic or is it a legit store? Price is great, would love some feedback if you've bought from them..
http://www.abesofmaine.com/Nikon_D5_XQD_20_8_MP_SLR_-_Body_Only_1028659.html

Jun 16, 2017 at 09:45 PM
Wilvoeka
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

Buyer Beware
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/abes-of-maine.html

Jun 16, 2017 at 09:51 PM
Dj R
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

They are terrible. Skip!

Jun 16, 2017 at 09:51 PM
Zerga
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

thanks.

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:00 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

They probably make you buy a $999 warranty or it is out of stock.

EBH

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:15 PM
henry albert
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

Abe's is a clip joint.

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

Having once attempting to deal with Abe's, it's likely the camera is $5,000, but if you want the sensor that will be $1,500 extra. (They once tried to sell me a low-balled camera bag but then said the foam padding was extra.)

Kent in SD

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:45 PM
cambyses
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

What happened to Abe's of Maine? I haven't dealt with them in years but I remember in the old days, they used to be a reputable stores.

Jun 16, 2017 at 11:27 PM
dgjean
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

cambyses wrote:
What happened to Abe's of Maine? I haven't dealt with them in years but I remember in the old days, they used to be a reputable stores.

As I recall, they were clip artists even 20 years ago.

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:04 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

cambyses wrote:

Yes, the old Abe's went out of business in 2012, but then a new shady operation took up the name. Shifty and shady now, but used to be a good shop.

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/blog/2014/05/warning-avoid-abes-of-maine-and-other-bait-switch-retailers/

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:08 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

dgjean wrote:
As I recall, they were clip artists even 20 years ago.

See above: "the “old” Abe’s of Maine (“Abe’s Electronics Center, Inc.”) used to be a reliable Canon authorized retailer who would regularly beat B&H or Adorama by $20-$30; you’d just have to endure a short up-sell call (and if you were firm they would still ship your order at the advertised price). Unfortunately this Abe’s of Maine filed for bankruptcy protection in November 2012."

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:09 AM
Danner
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

Warning Will Robinson, DANGER-DANGER!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/da/Lost_In_Space.jpg

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:46 AM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

First, the name Abes of Maine is a hook to get you looking. I live in Maine and this place does not exist here.

Steer clear of them or for that matter......any company that has a price that is far below the "going" price for a USA Nikon.

Here's the way I look at it: If a dealer's price is significantly lower than what the leading dealers are selling a USA Nikon for.......that dealer is hiding something. And of course this will be revealed to me some time after they have taken the money from my account. I have learned to never give any dealer with such a price a chance to make my life miserable in the first place. I will not take the chance.

Bottom line for me: I deal with B and H exclusively. I know they are going to treat me with the utmost of care because they have done it so many times over numerous years now. I now call it mutualism. They keep taking care of me and so I just keep taking care of them.

Robert King

Jun 17, 2017 at 02:09 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

bs kite wrote:
Bottom line for me: I deal with B and H exclusively. I know they are going to treat me with the utmost of care because they have done it so many times over numerous years now. I now call it mutualism. They keep taking care of me and so I just keep taking care of them.
Robert King

Thank you. We REALLY appreciate this.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:46 PM
henry albert
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

bs kite wrote:

Robert King

I've only had a few problems with them: 1) I bought a lens foot .that was mislabled on their site and didn't fit my 600 -- and they charged me a restocking fee; 2) the D500 I bought was horribly packed and bounced around some during transit.

On the other hand, dealing with B&H has been very educational: never realized there were so many Jewish holidays before becoming a customer.

Jun 19, 2017 at 01:07 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

henry albert wrote:
On the other hand, dealing with B&H has been very educational: never realized there were so many Jewish holidays before becoming a customer.

One of the tortures of my childhood was years of Hebrew School and yet, I too never realized there were so many Jewish holidays before coming to work here.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 19, 2017 at 01:21 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Abes of Maine has D5 for $5k

Zerga wrote:
anyone bought from them? Do I get body only wrapped in plastic or is it a legit store? Price is great, would love some feedback if you've bought from them..
http://www.abesofmaine.com/Nikon_D5_XQD_20_8_MP_SLR_-_Body_Only_1028659.html

"unitangler" or "unnitangler" just asked the same question and may have made a recent purchase from the cited vendor..

you should pm the op directly for fdback...

Jun 19, 2017 at 01:37 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.