New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Aweful Customer Service

gel685
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Aweful Customer Service

Mailed in my malfunctioning 27/2.8 and received confirmation back from Fuji 5 weeks ago. The email from Fuji suggested completing the repair in 10 business days. Called 2 weeks ago asking about the repair. It was on the tech's bench and it was going to be completed and mailed back the next day. Called again a week later. Same person, named Steve, said it would be mailed the next day. Called a few days later. Steve said I'm getting a new lens because after 4 weeks they couldn't fix it. Called the next day because I didn't get shipping confirmation and said I had to have the lens in 2 days for a trip. He promised overnight shipping. Called again the next day and Steve said he shipped it. I asked for a confirmation number and it was obvious he was not truthful. Got shipping confirmation today, Friday, for delivery on Monday. So Steve lied twice, once about shipping yesterday and again about shipping overnight. Then I clicked on the customer repair survey link and in shipping confirmation email: "File or directory not found". Since I can't tell Fuji of my disappointment, I'll share it here. I learned that I can't trust Fuji service for my hobby. If it's more important than a hobby, then go elsewhere.--Eric.

Jun 16, 2017 at 09:10 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Aweful Customer Service

In Australia Fuji customer service has been excellent in my experiences. I have called spoken to someone in Sydney after waiting 1 or 2 mins, and not some one in India or the Philippines.

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:23 PM
conrad2nr
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Aweful Customer Service

I had a similarly long wait when I shipped in my 18-55mm to fix a malfunctioning aperture ring (more common than I thought).
Got it back recently...with smudges on the front element.

The wait and cost made me think twice about sending it back though. I need it for an upcoming trip.

Jun 17, 2017 at 02:08 AM
photomedic4321
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Aweful Customer Service

Okay, I have a Fuji that I believe is dead. Any alternatives on where to send it besides Fuji. Its not a warranty issue.

Jun 22, 2017 at 09:47 PM
George Orwell
• •
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Aweful Customer Service

photomedic4321 wrote:
Okay, I have a Fuji that I believe is dead. Any alternatives on where to send it besides Fuji. Its not a warranty issue.

Keh repairs cameras.

https://www.keh.com/shop/repair

Jun 22, 2017 at 09:51 PM
AndrewNYC
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Aweful Customer Service

I found Fuji USA to be very awesome. Had an out of warranty problem on a used X Pro 2 and they fixed it for free and had it back to me within a week.

photomedic4321 wrote:

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:06 PM
NJPhotographer
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Aweful Customer Service

gel685 wrote:
Mailed in my malfunctioning 27/2.8 and received confirmation back from Fuji 5 weeks ago. The email from Fuji suggested completing the repair in 10 business days. Called 2 weeks ago asking about the repair. It was on the tech's bench and it was going to be completed and mailed back the next day. Called again a week later. Same person, named Steve, said it would be mailed the next day. Called a few days later. Steve said I'm getting a new lens because after 4 weeks they couldn't fix it. Called the next day because I didn't get shipping confirmation
...Show more

Is this Fuji in New Jersey?

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:57 AM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Aweful Customer Service

I am going through the same thing with my XF16-55/2.8. Its the center in New Jersey. At least, the accept was certainly NJ. I got an email saying it was received 6/7 and it would be done in 10 business days. Called on 6/22. Talked to Steve. So then, here is how that call went down:

I navigated the phone tree.... hit 2, then 3 to get Repair.
I get a guy and tell him I am looking for a status on my repair for my lens.
He says "Hit 2". That's all.
I say, "What?"
He repeats, "Hit 2, hit 2"
I get put back into the phone tree. I hit 2, and then 3 to get to Repair.
I get picked up on (phone clicked on the other end), and shot back into the phone tree.
This happens twice.
I then get the exact same voice as before offering to help me. Its "Steve."
I am then told it got to repair on 6/14 and that it will be 10 business days from then.
There is a fair amount of discussion on the email and its validity.
He says, "It is at repair now."
I say, "Lovely."

I would love to check on my lens tomorrow, but then, its Saturday. Not a business day. But then, I have to wait until 6/28 for the full 10 business days.

Jun 23, 2017 at 01:31 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Aweful Customer Service

I actually did check through the website again just now. It is now marked as "Shipping." So, I guess it will turn out okay-ish. Still missed their 10 business day window and the expectation set through the email.

Also, I suspect Steve doesn't work at a call center. I suspect he works at home through a call center at home company. I probably caught him in the bathroom.

Jun 23, 2017 at 01:41 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.