Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

Sierra Sunrise in B & W
  
 
Strad
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Last Saturday my oldest daughter, Csilla, (many of you know her from my posting photos of her over the years) got married to her long time love - John. They met when she was seven and he was ten, and he has been in love with her from the start. (It took her awhile to come around.) They decided to have a "destination wedding" in June Lake which is in the Eastern Sierras. I didn't have too much time to take photos but the day after the wedding I managed to grab a few shots of the mountains that were the backdrop to their outdoor wedding. Here's one. I hope you enjoy seeing it.

Here's the color version: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1495402







Jun 15, 2017 at 11:56 PM
tomandmarj
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


good capture of the Eastern Sierra, my favorite outdoor playground.
regards, tom



Jun 16, 2017 at 09:49 PM
DougVaughn
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Nice tones, and I love the clouds. Congrats on the wedding of your daughter.


Jun 17, 2017 at 12:19 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Beautiful. And congratulations to the newly weds and parents of the bride!

But the real question: did you get any of the lovely bride and groom?

Best,

Bob



Jun 18, 2017 at 12:11 AM
wayne seltzer
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Nice! Love the June lake area, so beautiful. Great place to get married!


Jun 18, 2017 at 01:27 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Endre my friend, congrats on Csilla's marriage and send the couple my best!
Beautiful tonality with much detail still retained in the rock. Beautiful place. I hope you led the first couple as Mr.&Mrs. dance with a violin sonata by maybe Handel Light, joyful...
Again congratulations and great image.
Dan



Jun 18, 2017 at 12:52 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Congratulations, Endre.
And yes, I remember her from your excellent portraiture.
Striking scene with punchy, effective conversion.

Scott



Jun 19, 2017 at 01:13 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Strad
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Thanks, Tom! I'm delighted that you like it! Yes, the Eastern Sierra is simply gorgeous county!

All the best,

Endre

tomandmarj wrote:
good capture of the Eastern Sierra, my favorite outdoor playground.
regards, tom





Jun 19, 2017 at 05:17 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Thank you, Doug! So glad you like the photo.

Thanks for the congratulations, too!

All best wishes,

Endre

DougVaughn wrote:
Nice tones, and I love the clouds. Congrats on the wedding of your daughter.





Jun 19, 2017 at 05:18 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Thanks, Bob! I appreciate your kind comment. No, I didn't get a single shot of anyone. They hired a photographer and there was just too much for me to do other than do photography. I'm very curious, myself, to see what the photographer captured.

All the best,

Endre

Bob Jarman wrote:
Beautiful. And congratulations to the newly weds and parents of the bride!

But the real question: did you get any of the lovely bride and groom?

Best,

Bob





Jun 19, 2017 at 05:20 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Thanks, Wayne! Yes, it is a perfect backdrop for a wedding. So glad you like the photo.

All best wishes,

Endre

wayne seltzer wrote:
Nice! Love the June lake area, so beautiful. Great place to get married!





Jun 19, 2017 at 05:21 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Thanks so much, Dan, my friend! I will indeed, convey your good wishes to them.

Yes, the setting is magnificent. I don't like to dance but it was imperative that I, at least, dance with my daughter so I managed to sway a bit in (sort of) time to the music. However, she did insist that I play a few pieces for the assemblage, which I happily obliged. Nothing by Handle, though. Instead, I played "Liebesfreud" (Love's Joy( by Kreisler and then she got me to learn the "Csardas" by Monti (something I should have learned when I was seven, but didn't). That brought the house down, though, so she was very proud of her daddy and I redeemed myself for my poor dancing.

I hope all is well with you!

Warm regards,

Endre

Danpbphoto wrote:
Endre my friend, congrats on Csilla's marriage and send the couple my best!
Beautiful tonality with much detail still retained in the rock. Beautiful place. I hope you led the first couple as Mr.&Mrs. dance with a violin sonata by maybe Handel Light, joyful...
Again congratulations and great image.
Dan





Jun 19, 2017 at 05:27 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


Thank you, Scott! I really appreciate your kind comments. So glad you like it!

All the best,

Endre

sbeme wrote:
Congratulations, Endre.
And yes, I remember her from your excellent portraiture.
Striking scene with punchy, effective conversion.

Scott





Jun 19, 2017 at 05:28 AM
Todd Warnke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sierra Sunrise in B & W


First, best to the Bride and Groom. Second, lovely shot ... though, and I know this is heresy ... I think I prefer the color. Not a knock on the processing, but that splash of light on the mountain comes through better in color.

Peace,

Todd



Jun 23, 2017 at 04:12 AM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password