Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

wtzgall

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

Hi all,

A quick poll. For those who deliver files as part of your wedding packages, do you also include the files from their engagement shoot? Obviously, if you don't do engagement shoots, please do not vote. If there is something split or special about your answer, just choose other and explain in you text.

I am asking this because I have not in the past included those files. I just gave them one low res file of their choice. However, I am getting the feeling that others may be giving away these files. Feel free to comment!!

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Jun 15, 2017 at 07:45 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, why would I deliver their engagement images (again) with their wedding images?

Jun 15, 2017 at 08:07 AM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

They get their engagement shoot files way before their wedding images. Are you waiting until their wedding to show them their engagement photos?

Jun 15, 2017 at 08:10 AM
wtzgall

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

To elaborate, I include the high res digital files in all of my packages. They all also include an engagement session, BUT, the files from the engagement session are not included as a deliverable. They get to see them in an online gallery, and can purchase prints. They get one low res web-ready file for use on announcements, etc.

My question is in this context, do you deliver the high res engagement files to the client?

Jun 15, 2017 at 08:42 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

Delivering digital files might cannibalize your print sales. If your current approach is working, why change?

Jun 15, 2017 at 09:21 AM
wtzgall

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

Yes, it certainly would affect print sales. I am just trying to see what the trends are in this regard.

Chris

Jun 15, 2017 at 09:25 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

E-session image go up on proofing site.
I do deliver e-session images on USB with wedding images.
All my clients like to get something.

-Mark

Jun 15, 2017 at 09:32 AM
jbregar
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

It seems like it would be weird and confusing to give them files for the wedding and keep the engagement files back in an effort to sell prints. I'd pick one approach or the other and use it across the wedding market.

Jun 15, 2017 at 09:37 AM
wtzgall

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

That sounds like a good compromise. I think I did it that way at some point.

Chris

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:38 AM
t4haughton
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

Engagement Session is delivered via Pixieset download. USB Drive delivered after wedding includes both with separate "Wedding" folder and "Engagement" folder.

Jun 16, 2017 at 02:46 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

Again, as above, not sure why you would have different standards for engagement and the wedding files, if you don't sell hi-rez without a fee that should be the case for all work.

Jun 16, 2017 at 09:30 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

t4haughton wrote:
Engagement Session is delivered via Pixieset download. USB Drive delivered after wedding includes both with separate "Wedding" folder and "Engagement" folder.

I do exactly the same. 👍

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:20 PM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

Nope, I include the session with package and tell them they may purchase prints a la carte or the disk which every they like. I normally end up selling them a fair amount of prints and over half come back and choose to add the disk before the wedding.

Jun 17, 2017 at 09:19 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

^ That. Can't believe people are just giving away print opportunity.

Jun 17, 2017 at 01:28 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

We offer the digitals for sale when they come into the studio to see the images, but we do not include them for free. I know it is common for many, but I do not see why you want to give away those images for free. We work crazy hard on all of our sessions, and if they want something from it, then we need to be paid for that. Besides, I would rather see them buy an album or prints and have something tangible than to just get the digitals outright and do nothing more than post them to facebook.

Jun 17, 2017 at 04:33 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

jbregar wrote:
It seems like it would be weird and confusing to give them files for the wedding and keep the engagement files back in an effort to sell prints. I'd pick one approach or the other and use it across the wedding market.

Perhaps, but not when you lay it all out to the clients. I let them know that many people do really need all of the digitals, so I would rather not include them, not factor that price into their total price, and let them decide after they see them whether they would want to buy them or not. Yes, most do, but 30-45% are fine with getting an album and don't feel the need for 125ish photos of just the two of them.

Jun 17, 2017 at 04:37 PM
mb126
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

Interesting replies. I deliver digital files mostly because I'd rather spend the time printing my landscape work.

Jun 18, 2017 at 06:29 AM
david1234
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Do you deliver files from engagement shoot?

Dude its 2017...give them their files!

Jun 22, 2017 at 12:52 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.