New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Playing in the woods...

Twistedimg
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Playing in the woods...

A rather quick and impromptu visit to a local park to check out the river and possible sunset locations turned into a small hike and have some portrait fun. Thankfully my friend is very patient and knows I'm just starting to learn the whole shoot people with a camera thing.

Comments and criticism welcome. While I'm pretty confident in my landscape approach I am trying to learn the portrait/people world some. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Jun 14, 2017 at 09:30 PM
alondon
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Playing in the woods...

Really like the last one. Great expression.

Al

Jun 14, 2017 at 11:45 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Playing in the woods...

I think you did well with these.

As a minor comment, in the last shot, there's a lot of blurred foreground foliage - a bit too much, IMO.

Jun 15, 2017 at 09:29 AM
story_teller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Playing in the woods...

Nice series and I also like #4. One thing to watch in the future is that, with a few exceptions, it's not good to photograph women straight on to the camera. It makes their hips and shoulders look wider. If you do, have one shoulder lower than the other. If I had been taking the photo in number 3, I probably would have turned her toward where her shoes are pointing and had her put her hands in her pockets. You want to make hands, arms, shoulders asymmetrical or not at the same level. It adds interest to the shot.

Hope that gives you some pointers.

Jun 15, 2017 at 12:04 PM
Twistedimg
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Playing in the woods...

story_teller wrote:
Nice series and I also like #4. One thing to watch in the future is that, with a few exceptions, it's not good to photograph women straight on to the camera. It makes their hips and shoulders look wider. If you do, have one shoulder lower than the other. If I had been taking the photo in number 3, I probably would have turned her toward where her shoes are pointing and had her put her hands in her pockets. You want to make hands, arms, shoulders asymmetrical or not at the same level. It adds interest to the shot.

Hope
...Show more

That is all great advice and much appreciated. I'll put those tips to use very soon!

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:17 PM
ucphotog
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Playing in the woods...

I love the expression on the first one. I like #2 a lot, but the previous comment about posing women square on was good.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Jun 15, 2017 at 11:33 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.