New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

juberisk2
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

Hi all,

Generally I strobe with Canon.

I'd like to use my Fuji XT2 with 56/1.2 more often but I can't find an affordable solution for a simple hand-held, off-camera (even if just with a cord), flash capable of HSS. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

Jun 14, 2017 at 01:27 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

juberisk2 wrote:
Hi all,

Generally I strobe with Canon.

I'd like to use my Fuji XT2 with 56/1.2 more often but I can't find an affordable solution for a simple hand-held, off-camera (even if just with a cord), flash capable of HSS. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

If you're willing to wait, Amazon is indicating that the Godox TT350-F will be available on 6/29. You can also pre-order the Flashpoint version from Adorama.

Jun 14, 2017 at 01:58 AM
PhotoTeacher
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

If you can't wait, the Metz 400 and the two Nissins (i-40 and i-60) can do HSS and TTL with Fuji. Metz can be updated yourself, Nissin goes back to them for the updates.

The Godox does sound like the best bet, but it is about the same power as the Metz and i-40; not a real powerhouse. I am hoping that Godox can have an update for their more powerful AD-360 series to include Fuji. Looks like for the extra power, the only one now is the Fuji flash.

Jun 14, 2017 at 02:19 AM
juberisk2
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

thanks so much. very helpful!

Jun 14, 2017 at 04:17 AM
FIGTREES
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

Chris
The on camera Adorama Flashpoint Zoom-Mini TTL R2 Flash With Integrated R2 Radio Transceiver - Fuji Mirrorless Cameras (TT350F) will be able to control any off camera ,Godox branded flash in HSS.

Joel

Edited on Jun 17, 2017 at 10:51 AM · View previous versions

Jun 16, 2017 at 12:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lifthard2001
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

I believe Cheetah will also have the rebranded Godox as well. IMHO better customer service with Cheetah

Jun 16, 2017 at 08:37 PM
PhotoTeacher
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

lifthard2001 wrote:
I believe Cheetah will also have the rebranded Godox as well. IMHO better customer service with Cheetah

There is also Adorama's Flashpoint copy. I think either would have better customer service than Godox/Wistro.

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

PhotoTeacher wrote:
There is also Adorama's Flashpoint copy. I think either would have better customer service than Godox/Wistro.

I hope so!

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera

Jun 17, 2017 at 09:08 PM
merosen
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

Nissin Di700 Flash and commander HSS Firmware announced

Jun 17, 2017 at 10:21 PM
Kathy Li

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · cheap solution for HSS on Fuji X gear?

juberisk2 wrote:
... Generally I strobe with Canon.

You've got one of the four bodies (XT1, XT2, XT20, XPro2) that Godox says their gear will do OCF HSS with, so you could, for now, get one of their speedlights, say, a $70 manual-only TT600. It's single-pin, so on a hotshoe or TTL cord, it will not do HSS. But if you use an X1T transmitter, it does do HSS with remote power control over radio. You could, for now, use it with an X1T-C on your Canon gear. And when the X1T-F arrives on the scene, it would then work off-camera in HSS with your XT2 as well. You can share HSS (and TTL) gear across the two systems.

If you want TTL, then you get a TT685 and update its firmware to the latest version. Same scenario. Same built in triggers. Only you get HSS/TTL on camera or with a TTL cable--but, of course, only for one system. But HSS/TTL for all five supported systems (Canon/NIkon/Sony/Fuji X/MFT) over radio. A TT685-F is also in the works.

If you want a Li-Ion battery pack instead of 4xAAs, then there's the V850II (manual) and V860 II (TTL). Same triggers, same deal with HSS/TTL. V860II-F also in the works.

The key thing here is that you can share OCF lights between systems. And, of course, you can go for bigger-than-speedlights if you want to in Godox's system with the same cross-system compatibility.

Jul 01, 2017 at 10:32 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password