Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2017

GoetzPhotoz 2017

Jun 11, 2017 at 06:48 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mineral Plant II

Nice work Scott. I especially love the first image. Perhaps slightly lighten the shaded building wall on the right since it's got wonderful texture and details?

Are you familiar with the artist Charles Sheeler: http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/shee/hd_shee.htm
He loved to draw and paint industrial buildings. The other one that I'm reminded of is the German husband and wife photographers, Bernd and Hilla Becher :https://www.google.com/search?q=bernd+and+hilla+becher+water+towers&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwmPKvhrfUAhWLbT4KHf9IB3YQsAQIMA&biw=2560&bih=1356

Steve

Jun 11, 2017 at 07:32 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mineral Plant II

+1 @ #1

I might consider cloning out the cloud on the right. As to the tones on the building, I'm thinking that if you change those tones to reveal that texture more, etc. then you risk losing the channeled draw that make this one as it is.

Jun 11, 2017 at 09:39 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mineral Plant II

Showing my ignorance, are these IR?

#1 is more engaging to me while #2 has better dynamics. I enlarged #1 - a small white speck caught my eye, more are visible enlarged.

I like the contrast.

Bob

Jun 12, 2017 at 07:09 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mineral Plant II

Steve,
thanks for the links. I have no background in art (or photography) so this is nice for me to have.

Kent,
I was ambivalent about the cloud. But I purposely left the building on the right dark to keep that "channeled" look.

Bob,
IR. Tell-tale is the rig. My T5 is an IR converted body. Thanks for the careful eye.

Scott

Jun 12, 2017 at 07:38 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mineral Plant II

1 is more elegant with all the lines, shapes and textures going on but is like a nice red wine that you need to let breathe before sipping - you need to take it in more slowly and deliberately to really enjoy it. +1 with those dots in the sky.

2 is a MONSTER eyegrabheyyoulookatmeeeeee in comparison. It's like a shot of bourbon where everything is hard, fast and intense. This isn't meant to be savored, but savaged. Giant lines yank the eyes immediately up the roof to the tower, clouds and pipe. You couldn't take this one in slowly if wanted to! So I find overall that while 2 CATCHES the attention, 1 STEALS the attention and is more engaging.

Nice images, Scott! I like these more than the last ones.

Jeff

Jun 12, 2017 at 03:49 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.