Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Thanks to all the professionals out there!

Smousefam5
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Thanks to all the professionals out there!

I just returned from officiating my daughters wedding in SoCal and want to say a huge thank you to all you pro wedding photographers. My daughter kept hearing from people their passive-aggresive disapproval for spending money on a photographer when her dad has a "nice camera and can take pictures".

I know the difference between fun memory snaps and the artwork you all create. I am truly sorry for the people who demean your work like that. I appreciate the skill and dedication it takes to do this well!

Jun 10, 2017 at 12:55 PM
level1photog
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Thanks to all the professionals out there!

Smousefam5 wrote:
I just returned from officiating my daughters wedding in SoCal and want to say a huge thank you to all you pro wedding photographers. My daughter kept hearing from people their passive-aggresive disapproval for spending money on a photographer when her dad has a "nice camera and can take pictures".

I know the difference between fun memory snaps and the artwork you all create. I am truly sorry for the people who demean your work like that. I appreciate the skill and dedication it takes to do this well!

Yup. As photography gears becoming more affordable and so many "photographers" entering the market, it's going to get worse to justify the price. Even though I do this as a part time job, I realized what separate a professional from someone with a camera is lighting, editing and posing. A professional photographer will know how to deal with all kind of bad lighting (dark church, tungsten restaurant, etc), pose you in a way to beautiful and elegant and have professional quality.

I'm glad your daughter appreciate quality photography. The property tax in CA annually is higher than average wedding photography cost. But unlike property tax, wedding photography provide something intangible and priceless.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:19 AM
trashschollie

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Thanks to all the professionals out there!

A professional fotographer is able to earn all his money by working as a fotographer.

Jun 12, 2017 at 02:52 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Thanks to all the professionals out there!

The general public doesn't realize that there's a massive gap between taking one nice photo with a good camera and taking 500+ nice photos during some nightmarish situations.

Jun 12, 2017 at 07:44 AM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Thanks to all the professionals out there!

If you're the kind of dad that marvels over his daughter then great wedding photography is a must. As a dad I love buying the best for my daughter and I look forward to the day her wedding pictures are plastered all over my house. It will be a source of great pride

Jun 17, 2017 at 04:13 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.