New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Base plate for OMD-EM-1

Herbc

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Base plate for OMD-EM-1

I got a nice copy of this camera and need a base plate for it to fit my arca style clamp.

Does the RSS plate for the Mark II fit the Mark I?

thanks

Jun 09, 2017 at 11:17 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Base plate for OMD-EM-1

No. The plates for Mk I and Mk II are completely different. RRS supplies both. For the E-M1 there are many generic plates on Amazon or eBay that are very inexpensive.

Jun 09, 2017 at 11:39 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Base plate for OMD-EM-1

I have one of the RRS base plates for the E-M1 Mark I. You can send me a PM if you need one .

Jun 09, 2017 at 11:54 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Base plate for OMD-EM-1

The RRS plates are the best. I have RRS plates for both my E-M1 (L-plate) and E-M1.2 (base plate only).

mitesh wrote:
I have one of the RRS base plates for the E-M1 Mark I. You can send me a PM if you need one .

Jun 10, 2017 at 12:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

nandadevieast
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Base plate for OMD-EM-1

Bobby why didn't you go for L plate for EM1.2?

bobbytan wrote:
The RRS plates are the best. I have RRS plates for both my E-M1 (L-plate) and E-M1.2 (base plate only).

Jun 10, 2017 at 01:26 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Base plate for OMD-EM-1

The base plate is only $80 but the L-plate cost $180! I rarely shoot in the vertical format on the tripod and I don't think $100 for the small vertical plate/connector is good value. And besides, it's much easier to access the ports on the side of the camera if you don't have the vertical plate blocking it.

nandadevieast wrote:
Bobby why didn't you go for L plate for EM1.2?

Jun 10, 2017 at 01:30 AM
nma
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Base plate for OMD-EM-1

Do you really want a base plate? Have you considered an L-bracket? I use the RRS L-bracket designed specifically for the E-M1.1. The price was nowhere near $180; price may differ for L on E-M1.2. The charm of the L is it provides a very stable connection. I am not sure that generic base plate will resist twisting as well as the RRS L.The only drawback I found is limited access to the video and sound connections that lie under the rubber covers. This is not a problem for me because I don't use them at all. On the other hand, limited access is not none at all.

Jun 10, 2017 at 03:33 AM
Herbc

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Base plate for OMD-EM-1

Got the L plate from RSS for $125 delivered. While I am tempted by some knockoffs, I had one for a sony that was a poor fit, and that gave me pause about them.

Jun 10, 2017 at 03:38 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password