Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

"Shooting on the Cheap"

Jefferson
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "Shooting on the Cheap"

.. or best way to shoot sports when you can't get "creds" ..

Just stay home and shoot in Tv mode. Finaly figured out what the letters stood for .. and I've been shooting the hard way all these years ..

Climate controlled environment .. comfortable chair .. grill close .. cold beer closer .. and you can cover multiple events in distant locations .. all the same day

.. Ain't technology great !

Jefferson

Jun 09, 2017 at 10:09 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "Shooting on the Cheap"

What camera did you use? What lens Could I get better images if I bought the camera with the new "TV mode"?

D.

Jun 09, 2017 at 10:21 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "Shooting on the Cheap"

Now that's funny

Jun 10, 2017 at 01:57 AM
tjbel05
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · "Shooting on the Cheap"

Jun 10, 2017 at 03:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

glort
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · "Shooting on the Cheap"

I think you are spending too much!

Why even use a camera? Just record it onto your computer and pull frame grabs. You will nail peak action every time.

Maybe that's even too much of investment of Money and time.
I'm not a user but surely there is an app now where you can do it all on your iphone and upload it straight to facetwitchatgramtube straight from it.

Sure is going to make it cheaper and easier to cover the Olympics next time round.
No tables full of camera's and lenses and batteries and crap, I'll well see is an Iphone sitting on the coffee table.

Only thing is, the competition may have got a bit saturated. First Olympics in history with more photographers than spectators.

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · "Shooting on the Cheap"

glort wrote:
I think you are spending too much!

Why even use a camera? Just record it onto your computer and pull frame grabs. You will nail peak action every time.

Only thing is, the competition may have got a bit saturated. First Olympics in history with more photographers than spectators.

Taped playbacks certainly let you get the "shot" .. however, I think with the increased competition as this technique gains in popularity .. large 4K monitors will become a necessity and with the increased demand and production, costs will come down to a reasonable level .. (after all, you need some skin in the game to call them "your" images ) I'm sure you already have a camera or two .. paid for (?), why not take advantage ..?

This may bring on new lens development and post processing software for those curved screens ..
Maybe I'll apply for a patent .. Naw, too much work involved .. !

.. and a little added competition shouldn't be looked on as a hindrance, but as an opportunity to become the best you can be ..

Jefferson

Jun 11, 2017 at 09:06 PM
Berkyboy
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · "Shooting on the Cheap"

I had a friend of mine that I traveled with a lot and when we'd land in an airport at our final destination he'd take tightly cropped photos with his camera phone of the "local" tourism and/or travel posters that would be on display in the airport where he'd carefully "crop" out any lettering and then he'd post one each day to his social media account where it would look like he was visiting all of the local tourism spots.

Steve

Jun 12, 2017 at 09:28 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password