Jun 19, 2017 at 05:17 PM
Etherton
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Fuji GFX system

Bubble wrote:
Soooooo...how is it?

There's been a shipping delay on the camera. Soon... :|

You were right, the 32-64 lens is a monster! Though, it's about the same size/weight as the Sony 24-70GM.

Jun 19, 2017 at 05:21 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Fuji GFX system

Order fullfill by 2 different vendors?

Jun 19, 2017 at 05:47 PM
Etherton
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Fuji GFX system

Unfortunately, yes.

Jun 19, 2017 at 05:48 PM
dlevy-photo
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Fuji GFX system

You are going to freaking LOVE it. I am basically re-living my last week through this thread haha.

Jun 19, 2017 at 06:31 PM
Etherton
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Fuji GFX system

Can the GFX be charged through an external battery pack like the a7RII? Not sure if the X-T2 did external charging. I have a 20000 mAh battery that I usually carry with me.

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:26 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Fuji GFX system

Not many posts I guess because while I can't afford one now, I did spend about 30 minutes shooting with one, and I suspect that others are just like me. You take the GFX and pick it up and take a few shots. After that you are speechless for much too long that one could have recovered by now. Besides, the English language is without enough superlatives and nuance to describe the GFX experience anyways.

It's like explaining sex to a virgin. Some things need hands on experience.

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:04 PM
airfang

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Fuji GFX system

fishjump wrote:
I have been using a mixture of 32 - 128gb, and 45 - 90mb/s, that I previously had, with no problem. But I only use the camera for landscape work, so real need for speed/size.

I have the RRS bracket which has some problems (in that it's a tight fit to get at the battery). RRS have acknowledged the problem, sent an unsolicited rebate, and are working on a solution. Their updates have been a regular 4- -5 days, and they are preparing to ship a replacement anytime. I believe Kirk has a bracket, but you still have to remove the
...Show more

Unsolicited rebate? I did receive an email from RRS but have not heard such thing

Jul 06, 2017 at 03:44 AM
fishjump
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Fuji GFX system

They reduced the price $15 about 3 weeks after I made the purchase. I wasn't aware until I received an email telling me I was to get a refund of the difference.

BTW, they are shipping the new and improved version, and expect mine today.

Jul 06, 2017 at 08:54 AM
mark1958
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Fuji GFX system

You do not have to remove the bracket using the Kirk. You loosen the screw and slide the bracket and the battery door will open and you can remove and replace. The hex wrench also nicely sits flush with the L bracket so no need to go to the bag to dig one out

fishjump wrote:
I have been using a mixture of 32 - 128gb, and 45 - 90mb/s, that I previously had, with no problem. But I only use the camera for landscape work, so real need for speed/size.

I have the RRS bracket which has some problems (in that it's a tight fit to get at the battery). RRS have acknowledged the problem, sent an unsolicited rebate, and are working on a solution. Their updates have been a regular 4- -5 days, and they are preparing to ship a replacement anytime. I believe Kirk has a bracket, but you still have to remove the
...Show more

Jul 06, 2017 at 09:50 AM
fishjump
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Fuji GFX system

Understood, and I'm sure the Kirk bracket works great. Not sure it was available at the time, otherwise I would have checked them out, their usually cheaper.

BTW, you don't have to remove the bracket on the RRS, or use a hex key.

Jul 06, 2017 at 01:00 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Fuji GFX system

How is the new rrs?

Jul 07, 2017 at 01:32 AM
fishjump
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Fuji GFX system

It's a lot better. Very easy to slide out/remove. However, I need to correct my last statement above, in that you do need to remove the slide-out to replace the battery. but very easy to do now.

Jul 07, 2017 at 05:21 PM
westiegrrl

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Fuji GFX system

New member and new Fuji GFX 50S owner as of 7/9/17. Have 645Z and lenses that are sale pending. Found the body, 32-64mm, spare battery and the tilt EVF as a package for sale on our local Craig's List. Turned out to be the same guy I bought the 645Z used from. Not much used comparative pricing available yet, but I think I got a good deal on it. Now to read the manual and go play!

Jul 12, 2017 at 12:14 AM
Delatant
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Fuji GFX system

Westiegrrl - Find another like that, let me know!!!

Jul 12, 2017 at 05:06 PM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Fuji GFX system

@Bubble: what is that 45mm lens on the RHS of your picture? The 45/2 Minolta?

Jul 12, 2017 at 10:50 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Fuji GFX system

Kit Laughlin wrote:
@Bubble@: what is that 45mm lens on the RHS of your picture? The 45/2 Minolta?

Yes.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:41 PM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Fuji GFX system

My favourite FL in 135. It will be interesting to see how it does on the new camera.

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:02 AM
westiegrrl

p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Fuji GFX system

Etherton wrote:
Why are topics and photo threads about the Fuji GFX so scarce around here? Is it just the price of admission keeping most away? There are a few of you that have some deep pockets so lets see some shots. Been watching too many YouTubes and have planned a purchase path into one of these systems later this fall... damn the YouTube!

I stumbled upon a used GFX on my local Craig's List. Body, 32-64mm, spare battery and tilt EVF for $8705 out the door. Selling my 645Z and lenses to partially fund it. A used 63mm from this marketplace is on the way. I'm not a professional photographer, just a continuously learning amateur. I haven't told anyone, on my other forum (Pentax) that I even have the camera because I don't want to listen to the judgements about the expense, whether image quality really is worth the extra weight and expense, or whether an amateur should even buy a camera like this, blah, blah, blah. Gradually working my way through the manual and experimenting at this point. Really love being able to use it handheld.

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:16 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.