Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · Ryan Brenizer just sold his D5 after getting the A9

Jul 14, 2017 at 03:50 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · Ryan Brenizer just sold his D5 after getting the A9

zombie thread

h ttps://petapixel.com/2017/07/24/review-sony-a9-camera-wedding-photographers-dreams/

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:50 AM
Holger
• • •
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · Ryan Brenizer just sold his D5 after getting the A9

LeeSimms wrote:
zombie thread

h ttps://petapixel.com/2017/07/24/review-sony-a9-camera-wedding-photographers-dreams/

"It has never happened before but if the RAW card failed, I could edit the jpegs to just the same quality. In fact, Iím on the brink of editing JPEGs only for every wedding anyway."
I would never do that and can't understand that.
I don't agree with the A9 high ISO performance or DR statement in comparison to the D750. The DR of the D750 is a bit better, the high ISO performance is on par in my opinion, as can be seen, too, when looking at the dpreview test scene.
I agree with the on-camera flash use of the Sony (A7rii or A9):
"There also seems to be a bit of a lag between pressing the shutter and it taking the photo. I didnít enjoy using flash with it as the mechanical shutter feels horrible, it seems slow to react (lag) and viewing dark dance floors on a screen is difficult too." This annoys me a lot, too. I set effect off and switch flash to manual to reduce the lag. But when flash is required we use the 5divs almost exclusively.
Other than that a nice review.

Jul 25, 2017 at 08:21 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · Ryan Brenizer just sold his D5 after getting the A9

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BrandonSi
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · Ryan Brenizer just sold his D5 after getting the A9

Hey guys! I didn't read anything in this thread but I bought an a9 and I'm going to do wedding photography. My plan is to start a blog and then give away lots of free pictures for free. I heard wedding photography is easy anyways and I have another job, so it's not like I'll be losing money. What do you think? Want to give me tips?

Also I'm going to wear a hat like Jason Lanier.

::runs away throwing his hands in the air laughing::

/crazy thread is crazy.

Jul 26, 2017 at 02:13 AM
eke2k6
• •
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · Ryan Brenizer just sold his D5 after getting the A9

BrandonSi wrote:
Hey guys! I didn't read anything in this thread but I bought an a9 and I'm going to do wedding photography. My plan is to start a blog and then give away lots of free pictures for free.

/crazy thread is crazy.

What exactly is the reason for such an asinine post?

Jul 26, 2017 at 04:51 AM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · Ryan Brenizer just sold his D5 after getting the A9

To make people chuckle and lighten up. Clearly I underestimated the seriousness with which people discuss Brenzier's equipment choices.

Still considering that hat though. I think I can pull it off.

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:56 AM
eke2k6
• •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · Ryan Brenizer just sold his D5 after getting the A9

There have been two types of people to reply to this thread.

The first group is comprised of those who actually want to seriously discuss the current merits and downfalls of a landmark piece of camera like the A9. A camera that has shed virtually all of the stigma of mirrorless cameras, minus ergonomics, and one that top photographers are ditching high end DSLRs for.

The second group, out of insecurity or whatever reason, feels the need to condescendingly declare their independence from the opinions of blogs and other competing photographers. In my main field, I'm used to journal articles and studies by other scientists helping me make better clinical decisions when interacting with patients. In the same light, why not consider the opinions of prominent, vastly more experienced photographers if it can maybe help with the image making process? I just don't understand the snark from some of you in this thread.

Jul 26, 2017 at 03:46 PM
1       2       3              7      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password