Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              10      
       end

Archive 2017 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

photoluminaire

Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #1 · p.11 #1 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

genji wrote:
Perhaps it's programmed to stop once it's appeared a hundred or a thousand times...

If it was it should be gone by now!

Jun 25, 2017 at 08:02 AM
lukeiam
• • • •
p.11 #2 · p.11 #2 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

GMPhotography wrote:
Lenses are opening up to around F2 or so to focus than closing down to shoot. Depending on speed of a certain lens that maybe the delay your feeling. I have not noticed this on the Sony 85 1.8 with either a updated firmware on the A7rII or my A9. But I have not put a lot of time on it since the update on the A7rII. It's getting a nice rest with the A9 in hand.

But this lens is designed to open up to focus in the first place , it's why I sold my GM 85 and bought
...Show more

Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for the help! This may be a bit of an issue over my Nikons, but maybe I can make do as I don't do that much strobe stuff.

Jun 25, 2017 at 04:43 PM
sungphoto
• • • •
p.11 #3 · p.11 #3 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

Very interesting - so just to summarize, stopped down AF behavior has been fixed for AF-S and AF-C stopped down up to f8, but past f8 AF behavior is still an issue?

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:38 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #4 · p.11 #4 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

sungphoto wrote:
Very interesting - so just to summarize, stopped down AF behavior has been fixed for AF-S and AF-C stopped down up to f8, but past f8 AF behavior is still an issue?

If [Live View Display] is [Setting Effect OFF], Sony lenses will focus at f/2 whenever the shooting aperture is smaller than f/2. (including past f/8)

Jul 23, 2017 at 01:47 PM
Michael Gordon
• • •
p.11 #5 · p.11 #5 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

I don't know if I missed itbeing mentioned on this thread but looks like the star eating issue is unchanged.

http://blog.kasson.com/the-last-word/sony-a7rii-fw-4-0-star-eating/

http://tinyurl.com/kd9c95r

Bah,
Mike

Jul 23, 2017 at 05:00 PM
Trek_of_Joy
• •
p.11 #6 · p.11 #6 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

Can the FW be reverted back to a previous version like I did with the 5d3? Interested in a global A7sII, but I'm traveling in a PAL region. I want to install the openmemories app to remove the "running on NTSC" message that pops up since I'll be shooting NTSC frame rates to make life easier when I get back to the US. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Jul 23, 2017 at 05:15 PM
sungphoto
• • • •
p.11 #7 · p.11 #7 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

Fred Miranda wrote:
If [Live View Display] is [Setting Effect OFF], Sony lenses will focus at f/2 whenever the shooting aperture is smaller than f/2. (including past f/8)

Didn't someone report earlier in the thread that apertures smaller than f8 reverted back to the previous behavior?

Jul 23, 2017 at 07:38 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #8 · p.11 #8 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

sungphoto wrote:
Didn't someone report earlier in the thread that apertures smaller than f8 reverted back to the previous behavior?

That's probably a mistake by the poster.
It does not happen with any lens I have and it would make no sense if it did.

So, we can now assign [Live View Display] to a custom button and turn this feature on or off depending on our needs. Studio photographers shooting at small apertures should have "Setting Effect" set to OFF.

Jul 23, 2017 at 07:52 PM
sungphoto
• • • •
p.11 #9 · p.11 #9 · Sony releases new Firmware Updates!

Awesome great to hear! I might buy another sony someday then

Jul 23, 2017 at 08:04 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.