1       2      
       end

Just becoming curious

birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Just becoming curious

smkunder wrote:
Also wondering what the difference is between in body focus stacking and bracketing is. Which is first model that does stacking E-M1 II?

Here is an article that Bobby posted on another thread should answer your questions .

Stacking vs Bracketing

Birdie

Jun 20, 2017 at 03:02 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Just becoming curious

Until Nikon introduced the D700 they were sorely lacking behind Canon in the sensor and lenses department, and was the brunt of many jokes. But Nikon brought out their kick-ass D700 and followed it up with the phenomenal D800 - while Canon was making only incremental improvements to their bodies until they eventually brought out their 5DIII and 5DS-R which is too little too late. Sony and Nikon (thanks to Sony!) are currently leading the pack in terms of sensor technology. All they need now is some native G-Master grade long lenses and they will surely overtake Nikon and Canon as the market leader in the professional and amateur market.

Interesting article here although it's more than 2 years old:

https://improvephotography.com/35440/state-of-the-camera-industry-report-how-much-trouble-are-canon-and-nikon-in/

k-h.a.w wrote:
Bobby, no, I don't consider myself a gearhead.
I am simply interested in technology development, what works and what doesn't. Hands-on experience counts.
I have done that professionally for many years, high speed parallel computing, communications, that sort of thing.

Also, all my cameras are in excellent working condition and get used occasionally.
Why get rid of perfectly fine working tools for a few cents on the dollars. That doesn't make sense to me.
It's also quite enlightening to shoot different generation cameras side by side to appreciate even subtle differences.

However, I am really impressed by the immense progress the photography
...Show more

Jun 20, 2017 at 03:43 PM
k-h.a.w
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Just becoming curious

The D700 has the same sensor as the D3. The D3 came first IIRC!

K-H.

Jun 20, 2017 at 03:48 PM
savingspaces
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Just becoming curious

Stacking is done in camera and you get a jpeg from 8 pictures I believe. Bracketing can be done up to 999 pictures but you need a program like PS or Helicon Focus. You get raw as well. The original EM1 bows both.

Jun 20, 2017 at 04:26 PM
smkunder

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Just becoming curious

Great article, that helped, thank you

Here is an article that Bobby posted on another thread should answer your questions .

Stacking vs Bracketing

Birdie

Jun 20, 2017 at 04:59 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Just becoming curious

Thanks for the clarification. I know little about Nikon as I was a Canon shooter before I switched to Olympus.

k-h.a.w wrote:
The D700 has the same sensor as the D3. The D3 came first IIRC!

K-H.

Jun 20, 2017 at 05:32 PM
smkunder

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Just becoming curious

I am still going back and forth between a new 10 and a used EM1. Is focus point coverage on M1 as good as 10, and what is difference in frame rate?

Jun 29, 2017 at 06:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

savingspaces
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Just becoming curious

smkunder wrote:
I am still going back and forth between a new 10 and a used EM1. Is focus point coverage on M1 as good as 10, and what is difference in frame rate?

I have an EM1 and recently purchased a used EM5 mark 2 - the EM1 is most definitely focuses better.

Jun 29, 2017 at 06:08 PM
smkunder

p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Just becoming curious

Just a silly question in my mind, I have an old OM10 film camera and a assortment of lenses, can the be used or adapted M43

Jun 29, 2017 at 06:12 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Just becoming curious

Not a silly question. Yes, you can use your old OM Zuiko lenses but you need this non-AF adaptor:

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/mf-2-om-adapter-om-to-micro-four-thirds-lens-adapter.html

smkunder wrote:
Just a silly question in my mind, I have an old OM10 film camera and a assortment of lenses, can the be used or adapted M43

Jun 29, 2017 at 06:21 PM
smkunder

p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Just becoming curious

The Olympus website indicates that the adapter is discontinued ,are there other sources for this adapter?

Jun 29, 2017 at 07:02 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Just becoming curious

You could easily do a search. Here's a couple of places where you can buy the adaptor:

http://cardinalcamera.com/spec_sheet.html?catalog[name]=Olympus-MF-2-OM-Adapter-%28OM-to-Micro-Four-Thirds%29-for-E-P1-Lens-Converters-%26-Adapters&catalog[product_guids][0]=1459665

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XOlympus+OM+Adapter+MF-2.TRS0&_nkw=Olympus+OM+Adapter+MF-2&_sacat=0

smkunder wrote:
The Olympus website indicates that the adapter is discontinued ,are there other sources for this adapter?

Jun 29, 2017 at 07:44 PM
smkunder

p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Just becoming curious

Thank You, that looks interesting as I have a few old lenses.

Jun 29, 2017 at 07:46 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Just becoming curious

Your best bet is to buy the original Olympus version from Cardinal Camera.

The eBay offers are weird - they are weirdly overpriced and the cheaper one is, I think, a generic version.

smkunder wrote:
Thank You, that looks interesting as I have a few old lenses.

Jun 29, 2017 at 07:49 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password