New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Debating a second 1.4X

Tapeman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Debating a second 1.4X

I currently have two of Canon's 1.4X extenders, a version III and a version II.(Also a 2X VIII)
My VII sees little use as I typically only use one.

I am debating if I will gain much by using a new on my 1DIV with a 500mm II mounted as opposed to using a new one instead of changing them in the field. BTW I am going to Yellowstone near the end of the month.

I know the new version allows me to use more focus points on my 5DIV, but will I see any advantage of the new version on my 1DIV?

Jun 06, 2017 at 04:43 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Debating a second 1.4X

I doubt it will make much difference on the 1D4. But if you already have a V.III why not test it yourself against the V.II....it would seem you have all the gear to test for yourself and see if it makes any difference.

I own two V.III 1.4s because I sometimes have one on the 600 and one on the 100-400 or 400DOII. I only own one 2xTCIII.

Jun 06, 2017 at 07:48 PM
Liquidstone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Debating a second 1.4X

arbitrage wrote:
But if you already have a V.III why not test it yourself against the V.II....it would seem you have all the gear to test for yourself and see if it makes any difference.

+ 1.

If you need another TC, perhaps a 2x II would make sense, as that will allow stacking (if you're keen on that sort of stuff).

Jun 07, 2017 at 07:31 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.