FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

Lynn Ross
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

I took this hike and found I didn't have enough time in the day to do more photo taking so this is what I came up with ...

This is looking back at the entrance to, Zion Canyon to the north and Parunuweap Canyon east.

Added some area to the right (thanks Jim), and upped the contrast a bit.

Edited on Jun 07, 2017 at 03:16 PM · View previous versions

Jun 04, 2017 at 12:36 PM
NCam
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

Nice image – I'm sure the view was amazing!

2 quick comments I have, if you don't mind:

I think your blues and greens could stand to be more vibrant – the sky and trees in the foreground seem muted.

As far as the composition goes, the rock face that is slightly obscured by haze in the left third of the photograph makes me want to see more on the right third, but this panoramic shot has the illusion of being "chopped off" – either cropped too tightly on the right, or not tightly enough on the left...I'm not sure – but either way, it's still a pleasing image!

Jun 04, 2017 at 02:53 PM
Lynn Ross
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

NCam wrote:
Nice image – I'm sure the view was amazing!

2 quick comments I have, if you don't mind:

I think your blues and greens could stand to be more vibrant – the sky and trees in the foreground seem muted.

You are right about them being muted I put a slight vignetting around the photo which made the greens a little muted, and the sky was bright with the sun having a thin cloud over it didn't help much either.
I have a tendency to over do my vibrancy sometimes so pull back from doing to much.

As far as the composition goes, the rock face that is slightly obscured by haze in the left third of the photograph makes me want to see more on the right third, but this panoramic shot has the illusion of being "chopped off" – either cropped too tightly on the right, or not tightly enough on the left...I'm not sure – but either way, it's still a pleasing image!

Yes! the pano was cropped on the right side do to not going longer on that side and what was there wasn't enough over on that side to show with how I photographed it.

Thanks for the comments
Lynn

Jun 04, 2017 at 04:10 PM
erielake
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

beautiful sky and light for that view from out by the crag......nicely done

Jun 05, 2017 at 07:49 AM
Bart Carrig
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

That is a beautiful area Lynn. Glad you had time to take it in. The image takes you right there; love the bit of "snap" in the 2nd workup.

Bart

Jun 05, 2017 at 06:30 PM
Lynn Ross
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

erielake wrote:
beautiful sky and light for that view from out by the crag......nicely done

Thanks erielake

---------------------------------------------

Bart Carrig wrote:
That is a beautiful area Lynn. Glad you had time to take it in. The image takes you right there; love the bit of "snap" in the 2nd workup.

Bart

I had a great time out there except for the not bringing enough water or snacks, I like both of them but to tell the truth the first is more the way I saw it.
But I'll take your love it anytime.

Lynn

Jun 05, 2017 at 06:34 PM
fredster
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

I see and like what you did to #2 well done!

Jun 07, 2017 at 02:43 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

Hey Lynn,

What a nice view. It looks like your light was muted enough to still make for a pleasing scene. I do like the composition in #2 better. I didn't mind the muted colors of #1, but the little extra pop in #2 works also.

Jim

PS check your comment under #2, it says you added to the left, but you actually added to the right. I spent a minute or two searching the left side trying to see what I was missing before I noticed the change on the right.

Jun 07, 2017 at 03:03 PM
Lynn Ross
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

fredster wrote:
I see and like what you did to #2 well done!

Thanks fredster

---------------------------------------------

JimFox wrote:
Hey Lynn,

Jim

PS check your comment under #2, it says you added to the left, but you actually added to the right. I spent a minute or two searching the left side trying to see what I was missing before I noticed the change on the right.

After all theses years I still can't get my lefts and rights, right
Thanks for the heads up

Lynn

Jun 07, 2017 at 03:15 PM
dwa652
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Eagle Craig Pano near Zion

Excellent image. A scene I have not seen before. Well done and I like #2 best too.
Don

Jun 07, 2017 at 03:31 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.