New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Help with Cyber Commander and CSR+ ?

oguruma
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with Cyber Commander and CSR+ ?

Issue: I cannot change the power of an ABR 800 using a CSR+ and Cyber Commander.

I just got a used CSR+ from a forum member. I am trying to use it with a Cyber Commander on an ABR800.

I currently have an Einstein E640. The CC and the E640 works as it should.

Problem: The CC can fire the ABR800, but I am unable to adjust the flash output with the CSR+ connected.

CSR+ is connected to the ABR800 via the RJ-11 cord and (of course) 120V AC Power.

I can fire the ABR800 with both the camera shutter and the light meter function of the CC.

When I remove the CSR+ and connect the camera to the ABR800 via PC Sync cable, I can control the flash power.

Any ideas? This is my first time using this setup, so I am assuming I am doing something wrong. The manual only tells me to set the frequency and the channel, which I have done.

Jun 04, 2017 at 01:10 AM
kaplah
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with Cyber Commander and CSR+ ?

oguruma wrote:
Any ideas?

http://www.paulcbuff-techforum.com/viewforum.php?f=8 is your best bet.

Jun 05, 2017 at 02:35 PM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with Cyber Commander and CSR+ ?

oguruma wrote:
Issue: I cannot change the power of an ABR 800 using a CSR+ and Cyber Commander.

I just got a used CSR+ from a forum member. I am trying to use it with a Cyber Commander on an ABR800.

I currently have an Einstein E640. The CC and the E640 works as it should.

Problem: The CC can fire the ABR800, but I am unable to adjust the flash output with the CSR+ connected.

CSR+ is connected to the ABR800 via the RJ-11 cord and (of course) 120V AC Power.

I can fire the ABR800 with both the camera shutter and the
...Show more

Are you saying that you can control the flash power via the CC when connected to the camera via the PC cable? I find that surprising.

Have you tried replacing the RJ-11 cord? Be sure to use a 4-line replacement, but you can find short RJ-11 cables at most stores with phone equipment, such as a big-box home store, Best Buy, or even Walmart.

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

calk
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help with Cyber Commander and CSR+ ?

It is my understanding that in the Alien Bee series, the flash power can only be controlled via the sliders on the back panel of each light.

Cal

Jun 21, 2017 at 06:13 PM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help with Cyber Commander and CSR+ ?

calk wrote:
It is my understanding that in the Alien Bee series, the flash power can only be controlled via the sliders on the back panel of each light.

Cal

The Alien Bees can be power-controlled by the CyberCommander if the connection is proper and everything is working correctly. I have five of them working just peachy with the CC.

Jun 22, 2017 at 03:19 AM
calk
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help with Cyber Commander and CSR+ ?

You wrote:

The Alien Bees can be power-controlled by the CyberCommander if the connection is proper and everything is working correctly. I have five of them working just peachy with the CC.

I stand corrected and thank you. I will research the PCB website.

Cal

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:32 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password